lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
garysmith39555's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winston-Salem,NC
Posts: 83
Default 12 Volt Battery Life

Simple question.....Regardless of the brand, care, and type of usage; how many years out of your 12's???? Mine, 4 years and still strong.
garysmith39555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Texas
Posts: 182
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

Have 07 (original batteries) in my precedent and still runs fine but not like as good as they used to be. I believe I will have to change next spring but, taking care of the batteries surely improves the life of the batteries.

So all in all I will get 5 years out of the batteries but once again, they have been taken care of.
HGC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

The cart I bought still has the original Trojans. They are 6 years old.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

Mine are nearly 3 years old... but I did have to replace #4 about a year ago. Since then I installed a converter using all 4 instead of just #4 for the needed 12 volts.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

Mine were OEM Trojans from 12-07 and I just bought new ones I don't know how well the original owner maintained them, but I had to add water and clean them off when I bought the cart. If the originals lasted over 4 years, I'm sure I can get at least 5, as I'm slighty OCD

3 out of 4 were working ok, but #4 started to lose volts, so I replaced them all. Just like scuba, I'm putting on a converter for my lights and other stuff. I have not used lights since buying new batts, as the converter is on back-order.

Note: My cart ran just over 25MPH with old batteries, now it runs 30MPH +/-
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
Colbyntx's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: East Texas
Posts: 602
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Mine were OEM Trojans from 12-07 and I just bought new ones I don't know how well the original owner maintained them, but I had to add water and clean them off when I bought the cart. If the originals lasted over 4 years, I'm sure I can get at least 5, as I'm slighty OCD

3 out of 4 were working ok, but #4 started to lose volts, so I replaced them all. Just like scuba, I'm putting on a converter for my lights and other stuff. I have not used lights since buying new batts, as the converter is on back-order.

Note: My cart ran just over 25MPH with old batteries, now it runs 30MPH +/-
Steve, I may be wrong but I think your 07 has a plus up front on the passenger side where the CC light kit just plugs in! Check it out!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Steve, I may be wrong but I think your 07 has a plus up front on the passenger side where the CC light kit just plugs in! Check it out!
Yeah, the lights are hooked up (and working) to #4 from the cc light kit, but I don't want to run off just one battery anymore, now that I have new batteries.

That is what you are saying, right?
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
Colbyntx's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: East Texas
Posts: 602
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Yeah, the lights are hooked up (and working) to #4 from the cc light kit, but I don't want to run off just one battery anymore, now that I have new batteries.

That is what you are saying, right?
That may be right! I thought you didn't need a reducer for those precedents until they changed the harness with the new battery tray in 08???
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #9
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
That may be right! I thought you didn't need a reducer for those precedents until they changed the harness with the new battery tray in 08???
Your correct, you don't need a converter (reducer), but if you want to draw voltage from the entire pack, not just #4, then install a converter.

Many believe that running your lights off one battery will upset the entire pack due to #4 requiring more charge time, thus over-charging 1-3.

To ensure the longest life out of your batts, you must keep the entire pack as equal as possible.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: 12 Volt Battery Life

Steve,... There is something else going on with the #4 battery and I've seen it on the last 3 carts I have had. The battery that is used for the lights and the charger or OBC gets used more and always seems to be the first battery to go week. I just got a 2008 Precedent that had 2010 +12 Volt batteries. It came off a Golf Course and it has no lights or any other accessories. The #4 battery was not usable as the 1st cell would not take a charge. I got the deeler to give me another Trojan that check out ok.

Steve,.. do you know if once you have converted the lights over to your 48 to 12 converter, does the OBC or anything else still use #4 exclusively????
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Battery Life Saver Electric EZGO
battery life Electric EZGO
help me!! bring my ez go back to life 36 volt Electric EZGO
Battery Life Saver Electric Club Car
Battery life Gauge- Help Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.