lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #21
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Zackman,... This is amazing. In my cart all of that BLACK unit that supports the rear roof, the seat backs, the basket, etc. rests on top of the body, so I just don't see how you can pull the body out without removing all of that????? However, I'm sure your pictures will show me how...
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
Getting Wild
 
ZackMan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 146
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Zackman,... This is amazing. In my cart all of that BLACK unit that supports the rear roof, the seat backs, the basket, etc. rests on top of the body, so I just don't see how you can pull the body out without removing all of that????? However, I'm sure your pictures will show me how...
trigger1937,

It is hoped the attached pictures are fruitful.

ZackMan


1st Picture - Rear Body - Look at bottom of picture. Each end fits onto a supported rear edge of the golf cart.

2nd Picture - Rear Body - Front of rear body showing space where F/R switch and charger port are located.

3rd Picture - Rear of Golf Cart showing removed rear body

4th Picture - Front of Golf Cart showing removed front cowl

5th Picture - Picture of Golf Cart showing front and rear supports and both front cowl and rear body removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0728.JPG (40.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0729.JPG (35.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0718.JPG (53.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0719.JPG (48.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0727.JPG (54.7 KB, 20 views)
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Great pics! I wish we didn't depend on our cart so much, I want to get to work
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #24
Getting Wild
 
ZackMan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 146
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Great pics! I wish we didn't depend on our cart so much, I want to get to work

Ditto!!
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #25
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Zackman,..Well that really explains much more that 1000's words. I would have never believed that you could leave the roof and the struts in place and just take off the basket assembly and the housing around it. Of course now that I have all my lite kit installed I'll have to take off the tail lights and drop the wiring harness.

As far as "Depending on our Carts",,.. that is exactly my problem. My wife and I play golf so much I hardly ever get any time where I can work on it. Next month some friends are leaving for their Winter home in Palm Desert and they will let me have use of their golf cart for awhile. This will allow me time to take the body apart and get down to the painting.

Zack,.. I see that you have not started on installing a light kit. When it comes time just let me know and I think I can save you some effort.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #26
Getting Wild
 
ZackMan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 146
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Zackman,..Well that really explains much more that 1000's words. I would have never believed that you could leave the roof and the struts in place and just take off the basket assembly and the housing around it. Of course now that I have all my lite kit installed I'll have to take off the tail lights and drop the wiring harness.

As far as "Depending on our Carts",,.. that is exactly my problem. My wife and I play golf so much I hardly ever get any time where I can work on it. Next month some friends are leaving for their Winter home in Palm Desert and they will let me have use of their golf cart for awhile. This will allow me time to take the body apart and get down to the painting.

Zack,.. I see that you have not started on installing a light kit. When it comes time just let me know and I think I can save you some effort.
trigger1937,

Pictures, many times, provide a more useful explanation and I'm glad they were useful. When I install the bucket harness for the light kit and the light kit itself, I will come a callin'.

ZackMan
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Zackman,... after looking close at your pictures and again at mt cart I am still puzzled about the struts. It looks to me that the rear basket asm can not lift off the body until the struts are remove. The struts go down through holes in the rear assembly and they either have to come out first,..and again that requires the roof to come off. I don't get it.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #28
Getting Wild
 
ZackMan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 146
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Zackman,... after looking close at your pictures and again at mt cart I am still puzzled about the struts. It looks to me that the rear basket asm can not lift off the body until the struts are remove. The struts go down through holes in the rear assembly and they either have to come out first,..and again that requires the roof to come off. I don't get it.
trigger1937,

It would be great if you could post some pictures of your cart; therefore, it would be easier for me or any other poster to provide you with some helpful feedback. In my case, I removed alot of the original plastic "stuff" because I plan on installing a flip rear seat. The plastic struts you see in the pictures I posted will be replaced with, I believe, aluminum struts.

There were bottom supports enclosing each strut which strengthened their placements; however, once I removed most of the original equipment the removal of the rear body was not contingent on removal of the struts. What you see in the picture (i.e. struts) are going to be replaced.

It really is not difficult. Bring the pics on!!!

ZackMan
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #29
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 49
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

I realize this is an older post but I just took the body off my Precedent and it couldn`t have been any easier...four torx up front and four under the rear seat. I removed some 8 and 10 mm bolts on the rear black plastic supports and raised it enough to unclip the body...and two more torx hold the forward/rev switch.

Ten min. job at best.

Also , for those of you like myself ,you can still use the cart without the body so there`s really NO down time.

I hope this help anyone that`s been thinking about doing it , with fear it`s a big undertaking.
redberanclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #30
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: 2008 Precedent Illustrated Part Catalog.

Red,...How about some pictures... Did you 2008 have a top. You did not mention anything about the rear struts that support the roof,..or how to get those off. I don't know how you would use the cart with the body off since the seat rests on the body????
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2008 CC Precedent Electric Club Car
2008 cc precedent won't go Electric Club Car
2008 Precedent Electric Club Car
2008 Precedent Oil Light Gas Club Car
2008 Precedent Electric Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.