lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Default 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

cart was fine but just stopped working. batteries were old out of water and bulging so i replaced. still would not go, its a 2000 so has wiper switch with 1 micro switch inside wiper box to control speed, 1 solenoid and 1 micro switch at the forward reverse shifter. could hear two clicks when i hit the gas. put continuity tester on the top two post of solenoid, and hit gas, had the two clicks and could feel the piston in the solenoid engage. put continuity tester on top two post of solenoid and hit gas. No continuity when i did this. I replaced solenoid. hit gas, and micro switch inside the wiper box fries? did this twice. question, does it matter if the resister across the two little post of the solenoid was installed incorrect? if so do i need to replace it and how do i know the correct way to install this piece. or do you think its something else like the motor? thanks.
mike144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike144 View Post
cart was fine but just stopped working. batteries were old out of water and bulging so i replaced. still would not go, its a 2000 so has wiper switch with 1 micro switch inside wiper box to control speed, 1 solenoid and 1 micro switch at the forward reverse shifter. could hear two clicks when i hit the gas. put continuity tester on the top two post of solenoid, and hit gas, had the two clicks and could feel the piston in the solenoid engage. put continuity tester on top two post of solenoid and hit gas. No continuity when i did this. I replaced solenoid. hit gas, and micro switch inside the wiper box fries? did this twice. question, does it matter if the resister across the two little post of the solenoid was installed incorrect? if so do i need to replace it and how do i know the correct way to install this piece. or do you think its something else like the motor? thanks.
Maybe its out of gas
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

i was going to check that but couldnt find the gas cap...
mike144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike144 View Post
i was going to check that but couldnt find the gas cap...
J/k with you I wish I could help and am sure someone will be along with input.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,044
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

This should help - I think you are talking about the diode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor-&-Diode-instruction-web.jpg (170.6 KB, 30 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
TDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 311
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike144 View Post
cart was fine but just stopped working. batteries were old out of water and bulging so i replaced. still would not go, its a 2000 so has wiper switch with 1 micro switch inside wiper box to control speed, 1 solenoid and 1 micro switch at the forward reverse shifter. could hear two clicks when i hit the gas. put continuity tester on the top two post of solenoid, and hit gas, had the two clicks and could feel the piston in the solenoid engage. put continuity tester on top two post of solenoid and hit gas. No continuity when i did this. I replaced solenoid. hit gas, and micro switch inside the wiper box fries? did this twice. question, does it matter if the resister across the two little post of the solenoid was installed incorrect? if so do i need to replace it and how do i know the correct way to install this piece. or do you think its something else like the motor? thanks.
If the diode across the small post of the solenoid is installed backwards, it will fry the micro switch in the V-glide.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
If the diode across the small post of the solenoid is installed backwards, it will fry the micro switch in the V-glide.


....................bingo...............y es it does matter which way the diode goes.......silver band towards positive side..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

thanks, do i need to replace the diode or just flip it around? i was beginning to think it was my flux capacitor and not my ignorance..
mike144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
Colbyntx's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: East Texas
Posts: 602
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike144 View Post
thanks, do i need to replace the diode or just flip it around? i was beginning to think it was my flux capacitor and not my ignorance..
Your lucky it wasn't your flux capacitor! They are hard to come by!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 36v club car solenoid/micro switch problem

replace the diode..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2003 club car micro switch Electric Club Car
93 club car carryall 1 micro switch Gas Club Car
Micro Switch or Solenoid Electric Club Car
solenoid? micro switch? fuse? Electric EZGO
1996 48 volt won't run - solenoid or micro switch Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.