lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #31
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Steve,...There are only two wires in the harness that connect to anything in the bucket. One is Blue and that connects to the +12. The other is black with a yellow bullet plug and that plugs into the yellow connector coming out of the controller. The end of the bucket harness has a 12 pin connector, which contains all kinds of break outs. The wiring depends on wheather you have the +48 volt realy inside the DASH. The purpose of the 48 volt relay is to be energized when the key switch is on. The relay then passes +12 volts out of the blue wire on to all things in the dash, such as the light switch, buzzer, etc. If you are in doubt about the bucket harness then you can trace the wires via VOM meter for continuity. I am assuming that your 2007 CC came with th bucket harness and I doubt if anything is wrong with that. I suspect something inside the Dash is not connected right.

There is no way to attach a file on this web site so if you send me an email I will send you a couple of pdf files showing the schematic and the bucker harness connections.
I want to say thanks to everyone that chimed in, including tahodawgz71 and scuba. I have the converter up and running, but there were lots of bumps on that road! The only problem I had was that I lost the 48 volts in the dash that supplies the oem meter. This is to be expected according to tahodawg, and he should know! That oem harness is a pain, but I did get it working and I have lights, an acc/cigar lighter and room for 4 more devices in the dash. I also have room for 4 more devices in the battery box.

All I did was hook up the converter pos to the blue plug and the neg to the black wire with yellow bullet connector. I made it more complicated by adding 2 fuse boxes and running all the associated wire.

To get my meter working, I'll have to run fresh wire from the battery pack to the dash. This will be easy as I only need very thin wire for my meter. I'll have to buy a new meter because I blew up my old one along with the lightbulbs when I accidently ran 48 volts into the dash. I should have checked with my meter 1st, but got into a hurry.

So, I lost 2 lightbulbs, 1 tow/run switch and a digital volt meter. What I learned was priceless and I didn't fry the controller or the OBC

Now I'm all set to hang some Holloween lights up and take the kids out Trick or Treating
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #32
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Gornoman,..It only took me three days to figure out how to create and album, upload pictures and link the pictures to one of my post. I still have not been able to reduce the image to a thumb nail image. So,.. without further information from you,.. it should only take me a couple of days to find out how to attach a file.
Trigger, when you reply to a post just click the paper clip and browse and upload your pdf file. The same is for your pics
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #33
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I want to say thanks to everyone that chimed in, including tahodawgz71 and scuba. I have the converter up and running, but there were lots of bumps on that road! The only problem I had was that I lost the 48 volts in the dash that supplies the oem meter. This is to be expected according to tahodawg, and he should know! That oem harness is a pain, but I did get it working and I have lights, an acc/cigar lighter and room for 4 more devices in the dash. I also have room for 4 more devices in the battery box.

All I did was hook up the converter pos to the blue plug and the neg to the black wire with yellow bullet connector. I made it more complicated by adding 2 fuse boxes and running all the associated wire.

To get my meter working, I'll have to run fresh wire from the battery pack to the dash. This will be easy as I only need very thin wire for my meter. I'll have to buy a new meter because I blew up my old one along with the lightbulbs when I accidently ran 48 volts into the dash. I should have checked with my meter 1st, but got into a hurry.

So, I lost 2 lightbulbs, 1 tow/run switch and a digital volt meter. What I learned was priceless and I didn't fry the controller or the OBC

Now I'm all set to hang some Holloween lights up and take the kids out Trick or Treating
Glad you got it working Steve. Did David mention why you lost 48v in the dash? If you have time can you post a "How To" with a diagram for anyone tackling this in the future?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #34
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Gornoman,.. it should only take me a couple of days to find out how to attach a file.
Look for the paperclip next to the "smiley" icon above in the reply box, to the left of the "undo" arrow . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #35
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

hjhjhjhj.jpg
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #36
Stay thirsty my friends!
 
gornoman's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 25,026
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

It appears some other good folks have taken up the slack on the upload issue. Thanx guys.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #37
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Glad you got it working Steve. Did David mention why you lost 48v in the dash? If you have time can you post a "How To" with a diagram for anyone tackling this in the future?
Thanks, yes I will. Dave said it was just way it is with the oem harness, there's nothing you can do about it. CC designed it work from the #4 battery, not a converter. Easy fix, just wire up the meter to the battery pack. I still have to insatall a switch to turn power off to the converter, otherwise it will drain a small amount of voltage when it sits there. The converter is always on and it stays just a little warm. I'll check my volatage in the morning. I think I'll be at 50.8 vs. 50.9, not a big deal. However, I want it off when I'm not using it! At least I learned alot
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #38
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

OK,... I found the advanced features for posting. Never had the time to look. However,... it seems to be a little late, as Steve seems to have it figure out.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #39
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

Interesting....My 25 amp converter draws about 2/10ths of a volt every 8 hrs. just sitting there. It is slighty warm, very slighty warm. So approx. 1/2 a volt every day. There is no doubt that if you use the same kind of converter I used, you must install an on/off switch. I'll be putting that on as soon as I can.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #40
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Thanks, yes I will. Dave said it was just way it is with the oem harness, there's nothing you can do about it. CC designed it work from the #4 battery, not a converter. Easy fix, just wire up the meter to the battery pack. I still have to insatall a switch to turn power off to the converter, otherwise it will drain a small amount of voltage when it sits there. The converter is always on and it stays just a little warm. I'll check my volatage in the morning. I think I'll be at 50.8 vs. 50.9, not a big deal. However, I want it off when I'm not using it! At least I learned alot
Obviously it has to do with the black wire with a yellow bullet connector that supplied the neg side for the meter feed. I just have to educate myself better as to how the grounds work on these carts as I am still trying to figure out why it sparked when you connected the converters ground with the yellow bullet connector connected Good call on adding an on/off switch as this would also be a good safety measure as well
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
36 volt bulbs V/S voltage reducer Electric EZGO
36 to 12 Volt Reducer Electric EZGO
Volt Reducer Screw Up ! Electric golf carts
12 volt batteries, do I really need a reducer? Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.