lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default My 06 DS IQ

This is a pic of my car . . . a work in progress now that it is home for winter from campground . . it is a basic 2006 DS IQ car . . only things I have done so far are the 12" wheels with low-pro tires, rear seat kit (note diamond plate flip down carrier) and CC HD springs. Will update as "things change" over the winter . . . Attachment 56345
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
This is a pic of my car . . . a work in progress now that it is home for winter from campground . . it is a basic 2006 DS IQ car . . only things I have done so far are the 12" wheels with low-pro tires, rear seat kit (note diamond plate flip down carrier) and CC HD springs. Will update as "things change" over the winter . . . Attachment 56345
Nice clean looking cart Steve. My list for spring will be new wheels and tires, new batteries and a digital battery meter.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Nice clean looking cart Steve. My list for spring will be new wheels and tires, new batteries and a digital battery meter.
Paid $1500 for it from a dealer that took 150 of these in as trades from a golf course in Northern Michigan on new Yamahas . . . I plan on the digital battery meter, light kit, volt reducer, dashboard, steering wheel, some more diamond plate "bling", possibly changing out body shells for a solid color body shell in metallic burgundy . . . depends on how money goes . . . don't need additional speed as only place I use it is campground where speed limit is 5 mph . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Paid $1500 for it from a dealer that took 150 of these in as trades from a golf course in Northern Michigan on new Yamahas . . . I plan on the digital battery meter, light kit, volt reducer, dashboard, steering wheel, some more diamond plate "bling", possibly changing out body shells for a solid color body shell in metallic burgundy . . . depends on how money goes . . . don't need additional speed as only place I use it is campground where speed limit is 5 mph . .
Picked mine up for $1800 but still has original 12v so I will need some new juice come spring. I just use mine around my house/property so no speed upgrade for me as well. Wheels will give it a nice look and maybe a different steering wheel as well. Here is my cart.

My 2005 Club Car
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Picked mine up for $1800 but still has original 12v so I will need some new juice come spring. I just use mine around my house/property so no speed upgrade for me as well. Wheels will give it a nice look and maybe a different steering wheel as well. Here is my cart.

My 2005 Club Car
Nice looking car . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

The transition begins . . . stripped it down yesterday and put on the steering column cover and placed new steering wheel in place just to see how it looks . . . new dash arrived, but dealer sent wrong one . . waiting on correct one to arrive next week . . . gonna be a loooong, expensive winter . . .

Attachment 56939

Attachment 56940
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

Update: New carbon fiber dash arrived (correct one this time) . . spent about 30 minutes this morning cutting in the voltage meter . . . waiting on light kit and voltage reducer to arrive yet this week . . .

Attachment 57467

Attachment 57468
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #8
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

UPDATE: My naked DS . . .

Attachment 57774

Attachment 57775

Attachment 57776
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,069
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

Check all the welds for cracks while you have it stripped down.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
Mr. Helper
 
ForBruce's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY Catskills & South carolina
Posts: 436
Default Re: My 06 DS IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
This is a pic of my car . . . a work in progress now that it is home for winter from campground . . it is a basic 2006 DS IQ car . . only things I have done so far are the 12" wheels with low-pro tires, rear seat kit (note diamond plate flip down carrier) and CC HD springs. Will update as "things change" over the winter . . . Attachment 56345
That is such a nice simple looking cart.... you should see the garbage that floats around my campground....(catskills New York)

Any plans to change the roof to one that goes over the rear seats ??

and if so where ar you getting it from ..
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.