lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #31
Gone Wild
 
Grinds6's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 174
Default Re: New to the electric cart world.....

I don't want the rear lights, just the headlight I guess. I do plan on putting the radio, lights, etc. on so will need to find out what I want to do to power them whether it be an extra battery or the converter/reducer. I am probably one of the few people on this site that will use mine for both joy riding at the lake and golfing with it as well. I would still like to hear from someone that has put rims and low-pro tires on without a lift to find out what size rims they used...? Looooooooong winter up here to think about these things.....
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #32
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: New to the electric cart world.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
I don't want the rear lights, just the headlight I guess. I do plan on putting the radio, lights, etc. on so will need to find out what I want to do to power them whether it be an extra battery or the converter/reducer. I am probably one of the few people on this site that will use mine for both joy riding at the lake and golfing with it as well. I would still like to hear from someone that has put rims and low-pro tires on without a lift to find out what size rims they used...? Looooooooong winter up here to think about these things.....
I see non lifted carts all over with 12" wheels and tires like this: http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-288...file-tire.aspx

I prefer the lifted off-road look. , Plus I can go in mud and over curbs, stuff that my friends can't.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #33
Gone Wild
 
Grinds6's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 174
Default Re: New to the electric cart world.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I see non lifted carts all over with 12" wheels and tires like this: http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-288...file-tire.aspx

I prefer the lifted off-road look. , Plus I can go in mud and over curbs, stuff that my friends can't.

I would love to do a lift, but not sure about the rules on that with my local country club. Just want to get nice rims and tires for now, do you know anything about what type of offset it can handle without rubbing?
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #34
Gone Wild
 
SaltLifeCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 729
Default Re: New to the electric cart world.....

Grinds, certainly check with your club - but I'd bet it's more about the tires than the lift or the rims. You'll want to use something that's turf friendly - and there are tires made that look good on a lifted cart but won't tear up a fairway. That being said, there is nothing wrong with a customized lowrider look either. That's how I was going to do mine but my son really wanted the lifted look so I caved. I like them both.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #35
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: New to the electric cart world.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
I would love to do a lift, but not sure about the rules on that with my local country club. Just want to get nice rims and tires for now, do you know anything about what type of offset it can handle without rubbing?
Just go to any cart store/website and they will show you the wheel/tire combos that will work on a non-lifted cart. They display the tires/wheels for normal carts and the tires/wheels that require lift, will say "lifted only" or "3" or more lift required". You can also just call and ask their support people.

You have lots of options, so shop around for 12" wheels and "low profile" tires. Actually some offset may be good for future use if you wanna add a lift kit later. Good luck and show us pics when you put them on! I'm a better reader if I don't have to read!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.