lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 15
Smile Re: 48v converter

so take black wire from converter to neg post #6 then from neg post back to neg post on block then yellow goes to goes to positive post #1 and red goes to positive terminal post on block then all accessories go to bloc . Now how do I make sure it shuts off with key switch?



Mark123


PS. STEVEC 3201 Come to Michigan in January for New Years and you will get your wish for YOUR AC. AND WISH you had a heater instead gee THESE FLORIDA GUY'S
mark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #12
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 48v converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
so take black wire from converter to neg post #6 then from neg post back to neg post on block then yellow goes to goes to positive post #1 and red goes to positive terminal post on block then all accessories go to bloc . Now how do I make sure it shuts off with key switch?



Mark123


PS. STEVEC 3201 Come to Michigan in January for New Years and you will get your wish for YOUR AC. AND WISH you had a heater instead gee THESE FLORIDA GUY'S
I just got back from Syracuse and it was brisk to say the least. Actually, my wife wants a heater when the temps drop to the 50s on occasions during the winter. She's the one from Syracuse, oh how they forget.....
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #13
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 48v converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I just got back from Syracuse and it was brisk to say the least. Actually, my wife wants a heater when the temps drop to the 50s on occasions during the winter. She's the one from Syracuse, oh how they forget.....

Hit 30 this morning
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 15
Default Re: 48v converter

so do you have any ideas to shut converter off with key also another problem is I hookup a 48 meter to let me know when batteries are low I hooked it up to key switch but I think I hooked it up to wrong side because its always on . Did I tell I to have a short circuit and don't know much about electricity
mark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #15
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 48v converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
so do you have any ideas to shut converter off with key also another problem is I hookup a 48 meter to let me know when batteries are low I hooked it up to key switch but I think I hooked it up to wrong side because its always on . Did I tell I to have a short circuit and don't know much about electricity
Read all of this: On/Off switch for 25 amp converter
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 15
Default Re: 48v converter

so do I have the other wiring right or do I have to figure in the switch and relay if so could you please walk me through it altogether again I really appreciate everything you guys do because I cannot afford burning anything up betcha you wish you did'nt answer my forum
mark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #17
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 48v converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
so do I have the other wiring right or do I have to figure in the switch and relay if so could you please walk me through it altogether again I really appreciate everything you guys do because I cannot afford burning anything up betcha you wish you did'nt answer my forum
As far as the converter goes you could install a switch or a relay. I put a switch in the wire coming from the pos terminal of battery #1. You can mount it anyway you like, just make sure it can handle 48 volts and the rated amps of the converter. Once installed you can decide when to have the converter on or off.

If you want a relay refer to the link I sent you on how to do that. The relay will run off the key switch. You won't burn anything up if you have a basic understanding of electronics and you use your meter to measure and test voltage prior to connecting expensive stuff up.

Read my posts on converters and it will make sense. Don't forget I have a precedent and it is different than yours. I'm giving you basic info as I don't know what wires/harness you have. You need to post pics of your setup.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 15
Smile Re: 48v converter

thanks I will try it out this weekend if MY Honey do list is not to long


Mark123
mark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: 48v converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
thanks I will try it out this weekend if MY Honey do list is not to long


Mark123
Sometimes fixin' the cart is on my honeydew list as it's required for picking kids up from school! I bet one day the controller goes out and my wifes says to fix it, NOW. Ha ha ha new DCX500IQ
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: 48v converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Sometimes fixin' the cart is on my honeydew list as it's required for picking kids up from school! I bet one day the controller goes out and my wifes says to fix it, NOW. Ha ha ha new DCX500IQ
Tomorrow would be a good day Time to pull a wire
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
48V to 12V Converter Electric Club Car
36-12v Converter 15A Electric EZGO
DC/DC converter ? Tomberlin
48v to 12v converter Electric golf carts
48v converter Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.