lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
Down South's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: La but staying in Houston most of the time
Posts: 554
Default Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

I installed my voltage meter today. Everything went sweet. I was able to hook up to the orange wire in the factory wiring harness and the key switch for the installation without having to run a wire all the way back to the battery pack. I'll post a pic soon.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 11-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,060
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

That sounds great. Post up some type of drawing or ? so other s can do the same .....
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That sounds great. Post up some type of drawing or ? so other s can do the same .....
+1. Would like to know as well
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
I installed my voltage meter today. Everything went sweet. I was able to hook up to the orange wire in the factory wiring harness and the key switch for the installation without having to run a wire all the way back to the battery pack. I'll post a pic soon.
Nice! Are you running a converter? I had to run wires back to the battery pack, cause when I turn on the converter, my voltage would switch from 48 to 12?????
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Nice! Are you running a converter? I had to run wires back to the battery pack, cause when I turn on the converter, my voltage would switch from 48 to 12?????
I'm confused Steve. Isn't there still a 48v feed up front at the ign switch that you could connect your meter too?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I'm confused Steve. Isn't there still a 48v feed up front at the ign switch that you could connect your meter too?
I was confused as well. When my converter is off, I get 48 volts. When it's on, I get 12 volts. I can't figure it out????? So my solution was to wire it directly to the pack. No biggie, it's done!

My theory is that the converter is still grounded to the entire battery pack, so when it's off, the ground comes from the neg 48 volt side. There is nothing I can do about that.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,060
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

I have the meter and a reducer on my Ezgo and the meter is wired thru the key switch. It is off when it's off and reads the pack when it's on....
There are 2 switches within the Ezgo key switch. One is 48v and the other is 12v.
They are marked.
B > I = battery pack main positive (36 or 4
B1 > L = 12v positive
The meter positive connection would be to either I or L depending upon the voltage you wanted to read... in an ezgo

In the Precedent see the diagram below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC PRESIDENT Electrical Wiring.jpg (4.3 KB, 131 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have the meter and a reducer on my Ezgo and the meter is wired thru the key switch. It is off when it's off and reads the pack when it's on....
There are 2 switches within the Ezgo key switch. One is 48v and the other is 12v.
They are marked.
B > I = battery pack main positive (36 or 4
B1 > L = 12v positive
The meter positive connection would be to either I or L depending upon the voltage you wanted to read... in an ezgo

In the Precedent see the diagram below:
Scotty, can you make the link bigger? Unable to open for a larger view
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I was confused as well. When my converter is off, I get 48 volts. When it's on, I get 12 volts. I can't figure it out????? So my solution was to wire it directly to the pack. No biggie, it's done!

My theory is that the converter is still grounded to the entire battery pack, so when it's off, the ground comes from the neg 48 volt side. There is nothing I can do about that.
Hmmm. I'm trying to understand how your converter effects a 48v feed for your meter from the ign switch or harness up front
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #10
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Hmmm. I'm trying to understand how your converter effects a 48v feed for your meter from the ign switch or harness up front
All I know is when it's on I get 12 volts, when off 48.???????????

When I get home from work, I'll try to check it out again, but it may have to wait 'till later in the week.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New meter installed to replace the one I fried Electric Club Car
Bad Voltage Reg or Starter Generator - Scotty can you provide guidance Gas EZGO
Installed Datel digital meter today. Electric Club Car
installed lift today Gas Yamaha
Installed ALLSPORTS 6" lift into CC DS today Lifted Golf Carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.