lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #21
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ennis, tx
Posts: 68
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Thanks guys for the help. I threw it in the trash and went with a aftermarket reducer. It took longer to find somewhere to mount it, then it did hooking the **** thing up.

Everyone enjoy your turkey day!!!!!!!!
longhorngolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #22
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorngolfcarts View Post
Thanks guys for the help. I threw it in the trash and went with a aftermarket reducer. It took longer to find somewhere to mount it, then it did hooking the **** thing up.

Everyone enjoy your turkey day!!!!!!!!
. . . hopefully the "spark" you experienced did not damage the controller . . . good luck!! . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #23
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ennis, tx
Posts: 68
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Thanks steve, no it didn't all is good. 12.7v to power supply.
longhorngolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #24
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Well if this is indeed the style CC uses then I guess the factory wiring harness does not come into play with their reducer
Guys, That is the the New Factory Replacement Voltage Reducer for DS carts. Precedents are very similar but have a different connection due to the Precedent harness.

The LONG silver box that was factory on several DS carts is no longer prodcued.

In fact if you look at that small reducer it is mounted to a plate that fits in the same holes in the frame rail as the older longer unit.

They are very, very simple to hook up.... and they do work very well, but like others said, they are 16-18 volts to a constant 12 volt. And like others you simply put this in line with the negative connection between two batteries, the ring terminal side goes to the negative, and the positive side of the accessory goes to the positive battery post of the other battery that is in the 16-18 volt string.

If you check this with a volt meter you may think they do not work. As it will show you 18 volts with out load. They only reduce the voltage when a load it put on them, like a set of lights.

This is what the same unit looks like when configured for the Precedent harness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqZ,!igE5gvn7g9DBO,SQQRWEg~~60_3.JPG (49.1 KB, 8 views)
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #25
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Guys, That is the the New Factory Replacement Voltage Reducer for DS carts. Precedents are very similar but have a different connection due to the Precedent harness.

The LONG silver box that was factory on several DS carts is no longer prodcued.

In fact if you look at that small reducer it is mounted to a plate that fits in the same holes in the frame rail as the older longer unit.

They are very, very simple to hook up.... and they do work very well, but like others said, they are 16-18 volts to a constant 12 volt. And like others you simply put this in line with the negative connection between two batteries, the ring terminal side goes to the negative, and the positive side of the accessory goes to the positive battery post of the other battery that is in the 16-18 volt string.

If you check this with a volt meter you may think they do not work. As it will show you 18 volts with out load. They only reduce the voltage when a load it put on them, like a set of lights.

This is what the same unit looks like when configured for the Precedent harness.


Does that plug in line in the bucket harness of the Precedents?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #26
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Does that plug in line in the bucket harness of the Precedents?
I believe so. I don't have a Precedent but you can tell by the plug is plugs inline.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #27
Gone Wild
 
simple man's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bunnell, Florida
Posts: 2,408
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

I'm at a loss here! ( not hard to do for me ) Why would a company make a reducer that only pulls off a portion of a battery pack? The whole idea of one is so you're using the whole pack!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #28
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
I'm at a loss here! ( not hard to do for me ) Why would a company make a reducer that only pulls off a portion of a battery pack? The whole idea of one is so you're using the whole pack!
You are thinking about something you would do for yourself, not for profit. It's all about $$$

That thing prolly only cost $5.00 to make. CC actually puts something like that on the new precedents with the 6 batteries. It's crazy, isn't it? I would glady pay $100.00+ extra for a factory installed 48-12 converter if I was buying a new car with lights. They don't care that it is killing your batteries as the warranty will be up anyway by the time you figure it out.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #29
Gone Wild
 
carguy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Loveland, CO / Sun Lakes, AZ
Posts: 234
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
I'm at a loss here! ( not hard to do for me ) Why would a company make a reducer that only pulls off a portion of a battery pack? The whole idea of one is so you're using the whole pack!
CC did the same thing with the 4 - 12 volt Precedents. They used the last battery in the string to supply 12 volts for lights, etc.
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #30
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
CC did the same thing with the 4 - 12 volt Precedents. They used the last battery in the string to supply 12 volts for lights, etc.
While not the ideal way for battery life it was the cheapest and easiest way for them to do it. Like Steve said, too bad it wasn't an option or a least provisions to easily add a converter to the current harness while drawing off the whole pack.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Pack voltage vs. voltage at charing receptacle Electric Club Car
how to put on a voltage limiter Electric Club Car
Factory voltage reducer? Electric Club Car
voltage reducer installation Electric Yamaha
04 Prec. E Voltage Limiter/Terminal Block Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.