lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #31
ROZ
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 108
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Cool..

I was given an older 36v. Bmacs dropped it off and it off and I began working with on it with intentions of making it a kids cart. Needs batteries, so I'm going 48v since I have to spend the money anyway.
ROZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #32
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wylie, TX
Posts: 79
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Thanks ROZ. I think I will use what you suggest as the default. Good info!
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #33
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 128
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROZ View Post
Cool..

I was given an older 36v. Bmacs dropped it off and it off and I began working with on it with intentions of making it a kids cart. Needs batteries, so I'm going 48v since I have to spend the money anyway.
Drop a Plum Quick motor in it, cheapest way to get fast speed. My cart hauls the mail and the motor is around $400 (maybe $300 with the core, I can't remember). Ask OutCole'd My cart was completely stock last year, including the bag carrier but I had the PQ motor in it so it was a bit of a sleeper
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #34
ROZ
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 108
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

I kinda got carried away. I cleaned it up a little too much. Anything aluminum is now polished, and anything that was not was covered in hammer black. I replaced all the suspension hardware with grade 8 hardware, too. I've managed to get great deals on parts so far.

Doing all but laying down the paint myself.

Should be a sick cart for a fraction of price of buying one new..

Not so sure it will be a kid cart now, though... Lol

New to carts, so that's why I'm here. Its hard not to give input on stereo stuff, though.
ROZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 128
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROZ View Post
I kinda got carried away. I cleaned it up a little too much. Anything aluminum is now polished, and anything that was not was covered in hammer black. I replaced all the suspension hardware with grade 8 hardware, too. I've managed to get great deals on parts so far.

Doing all but laying down the paint myself.

Should be a sick cart for a fraction of price of buying one new..

Not so sure it will be a kid cart now, though... Lol

New to carts, so that's why I'm here. Its hard not to give input on stereo stuff, though.
Cool. I'm here for the same reason. I'd be lost on what to do and so many people here have done killer work on their carts it's a great place to get ideas and feedback.
If you get out to the Islander this summer, stop by! BTW, had to take the Audisons out of the boat they kept getting wet and Audison quit replacing them under warranty I did add an Audison to the Rhino
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #36
ROZ
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 108
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
Cool. I'm here for the same reason. I'd be lost on what to do and so many people here have done killer work on their carts it's a great place to get ideas and feedback.
If you get out to the Islander this summer, stop by! BTW, had to take the Audisons out of the boat they kept getting wet and Audison quit replacing them under warranty I did add an Audison to the Rhino
I hope they xchanged them one last time? Would suck to have 3 or 4 of THOSE amps as paper weights.

Honestly, the only amp I know of that is even close to the sq of your model is Audisson's next step up..lol not too many of those in the USA.

Re motor.. I'm going to run the 36v motor on 48v until it goes bad. Pq after that fo sho.

It sure was fun helping Toby with all of his systems. Although at my price and his crazy projects, how could a guy not go that route?:cool: definitely over the top.

I still believe that boat is the hottest ride to ever roll out of that mfg's shop. It set the bar for for later boats. Tob definitely has a flair for being different.... :D

We hope to be up there for desert storm! Maybe with Melissa (Ultrababe) and the bmacs, but well see...if you ever feel like slumming it, come on down to Martinez. :D my big black wakker does just fine down there:D don't be skeerd!
ROZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #37
Getting Wild
 
OutCole'd's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vegas
Posts: 129
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
I assume you're Roz from RDP. Guys, I'll say this, Roz knows his stuff. If I posted pics and stats of my boat/rhino stereo it would blow you away.... Roz, I think you know, I've got Toby's boat and Rhino :D

I'm no electrical engineer so forgive my ignorance, but the amps on a 36/48 volt carts have got to be huge. When running a relatively low draw device like a stereo how much run time are you really going to lose? I seriously can't see the radio having that big an impact unless you're drawing big power for an amp/sub(s)

Even as Roz says above, deck off reducer, amp off a second battery. If you're not running an amp or a sub, why buy a second battery and have to deal with the maintenance of another battery, the hassle of a second charger and possibly a second volt meter.

My Rhino has 3 AGM batteries for the stereo and when cranking the music for several hours I still connect it to a generator and 40a charger just to keep it at 11-12 volts. Most of the radios I've seen in carts won't require that kind of power and therefore should be that big a drain on the battery pack.

Of course as with most things in life, I'm wrong so that's why I come here to get some good advice :)



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I assume you're Chipster from the school yard....


pillowbiter.
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #38
Getting Wild
 
OutCole'd's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vegas
Posts: 129
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROZ View Post
I kinda got carried away. I cleaned it up a little too much. Anything aluminum is now polished, and anything that was not was covered in hammer black. I replaced all the suspension hardware with grade 8 hardware, too. I've managed to get great deals on parts so far.

Doing all but laying down the paint myself.

Should be a sick cart for a fraction of price of buying one new..

Not so sure it will be a kid cart now, though... Lol

New to carts, so that's why I'm here. Its hard not to give input on stereo stuff, though.
I definately want to see pics of the build!
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #39
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 128
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutCole'd View Post
I assume you're Chipster from the school yard....
One in the same. Remember, I was the first to find out you had a glass jaw. One punch and you were Outcole'd, hence your name. Which is better than the name the guys in the locker room were going to give you
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #40
Getting Wild
 
OutCole'd's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vegas
Posts: 129
Default Re: Extra battery for 48v. CC for radio???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
One in the same. Remember, I was the first to find out you had a glass jaw. One punch and you were Outcole'd, hence your name. Which is better than the name the guys in the locker room were going to give you


I got my name from by bed time, 8:15, at 8:30 I'm outcole'd...
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
48 volt radio install.(8v batts) need extra 12 or what? Electric Club Car
Extra 12 v battery Electric Club Car
Extra Battery Tomberlin
EXTRA battery for radio and lights Electric EZGO
Extra Battery Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.