lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #31
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,960
Default Re: Automatic Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKC View Post
It jumps up to 10 amps or so and then starts falling off the other day when I ran the 16 hr test they were close to dead it jumped to 10 then after oh about 1 he I checked it and it was doing a steady 2 amp charge and then of course when I checked it in the moring it was on 0 andthe charger was just humming for lack of a better word I could feel it vibrate because it was hard to hear.

K C...
Plug it in again... Here's what should happen. Charger should click within 2-10 seconds, After another 2-10 seconds it will turn off, and back on again. Charge cycle begins at this time. Allow charger to charge until the needle tapers down to 5 amps or below. Once this happens get your multimeter and check the battery pack voltage while it's charging. If the battery pack voltage doesn't ever reach at least 58.3 volts the charger will not turn off. This will confirm whether you've got a battery or a computer problem. Let me know what you find.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: Automatic Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Plug it in again... Here's what should happen. Charger should click within 2-10 seconds, After another 2-10 seconds it will turn off, and back on again. Charge cycle begins at this time. Allow charger to charge until the needle tapers down to 5 amps or below. Once this happens get your multimeter and check the battery pack voltage while it's charging. If the battery pack voltage doesn't ever reach at least 58.3 volts the charger will not turn off. This will confirm whether you've got a battery or a computer problem. Let me know what you find.
david thanks for this last peice of advice its something i did not know......if it dosn,t reach the voltage what would it be? OBC?...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
WKC
Getting Wild
 
WKC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Coxs Creek Ky
Posts: 84
Default Re: Automatic Charging

head lights and tail lights there is no radio or anything else and I have not traced the wires but there are at least 3 on 1 battery and I don't know where they all go it is all hooked to the battery that the cart controller is the last 1 in line. Won't that affect how it charges and if the charger does not see the final voltage it will keep charging correct I am not sure if I told you but when I got it home it barely had enough power to get off of my trailer so I put the charger on it and left it because I thought it was automatic and in the morning the battery's had boiled over but it was charged I did not drive it then after I talked with you I hooked it up again and this time they did not boil and the charger quit charging. still running but not charging.
WKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #34
WKC
Getting Wild
 
WKC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Coxs Creek Ky
Posts: 84
Default Re: Automatic Charging

I ran the test when it droped down to 3 on the charger and it came out just like I told you on Monday moring 48 volts I don't think I tested it with the charger running then though but the results are the same 48 volts .

K C..
WKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #35
WKC
Getting Wild
 
WKC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Coxs Creek Ky
Posts: 84
Default Re: Automatic Charging

Oh and you said that the charger would shut off then on again it did not do that it just jumped to 10 amps and then started comming down not shut off and restart!
WKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #36
WKC
Getting Wild
 
WKC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Coxs Creek Ky
Posts: 84
Default Re: Automatic Charging

I have been looking at Batteries and here is what I have found Auto Zone $130 Advance Auto $130 NAPA $130 I have been told that Trojon are the best but why are the best I have found that I am safer buying things local so if I have issues etc... and a National Chain has Stores close to my sisters location thebottom line is do I have to replace all of them or the 3 that are below 8 Volts where do I go from here this project is not a rush or anything like that because I will test and retest this thing before giving it to her so if there is a cost savings to be had by waiting untill spring or if they put them on sale etc.. I sure would like to know If this charger issue is put to bed and I can mount this charger in the cart I can proceed on with finding seat belts turn signal switch and a horn and of course Paint it being new to this subject is there a wholesale place to buy parts from other than E-Bay I have looked at Buggies Unlimited E-Bay is cheaper than them is there some place else? K C
WKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #37
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,960
Default Re: Automatic Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
david thanks for this last peice of advice its something i did not know......if it dosn,t reach the voltage what would it be? OBC?...........................
No. Exact opposite. If it never reaches that voltage it's because the batteries won't charge up. Bad batteries.

If it DOES reach the voltage but won't turn off.... OBC
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #38
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,960
Default Re: Automatic Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKC View Post
head lights and tail lights there is no radio or anything else and I have not traced the wires but there are at least 3 on 1 battery and I don't know where they all go it is all hooked to the battery that the cart controller is the last 1 in line. Won't that affect how it charges and if the charger does not see the final voltage it will keep charging correct I am not sure if I told you but when I got it home it barely had enough power to get off of my trailer so I put the charger on it and left it because I thought it was automatic and in the morning the battery's had boiled over but it was charged I did not drive it then after I talked with you I hooked it up again and this time they did not boil and the charger quit charging. still running but not charging.
I'm not concerned with your accessories at the moment. Just turn them all off and they won't affect charging one bit. But now you're confusing me. Now it's running and not charging at all? You told me the charger turned on...
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #39
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,960
Default Re: Automatic Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKC View Post
I ran the test when it droped down to 3 on the charger and it came out just like I told you on Monday moring 48 volts I don't think I tested it with the charger running then though but the results are the same 48 volts .

K C..
So you're charging at 3 amps and you're reading 48.0 volts on your battery pack while this is happening? That's nearly impossible at that amperage. Do you understand the test procedure?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #40
WKC
Getting Wild
 
WKC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Coxs Creek Ky
Posts: 84
Default Re: Automatic Charging

Dave I am going out and remove the 3 batteries that are not at 8 volts and I am going to drain them into a Plastic tub flush them out then refill them 1/2 way and use the salt and distilled water trick to see if they will take a full charge if not then I guess I am going to have to purchase 3 new ones Do you have any experance with Sams Club Batteries?

K C
WKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Automatic watering system ? Electric EZGO
Automatic Battery charger Electric EZGO
Powerwise Automatic charger Electric EZGO
Honda 750 with automatic Hi/Low gear trans Lifted Golf Carts
Testing automatic chargers Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.