lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: deka 12v batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
That's where I am confused David said the newer versions charge the batteries correctly. I have the original OBC in my cart but don't know the version yet but I assume it's the an older version being a 2005. I am going to replace the original Trojans with US batteries and didn't consider the added expense of a newer version OBC to charge the batteries to their full potential.
You'll be fine... just replace your batteries. You will get a better charge with the newer OBCs as they sample the batteries and adjust through the charge. The older units do an initial power on self test turn off and then set out to charge, the newer ones do that through the course of the charge. But seriously if you are not seeing problems don't spend the money, I live in a town with over 12000 carts on the road and several of them are Precedents and people are not running all over swapping out OBCs. Only do it if you suspect it is faulty.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: deka 12v batteries

your 2005 should have a newer version OBC but i think david would know for sure.......i do know that in 2003 2004 they already had 2 updated versions for what was in 95,s thur 99,s....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: deka 12v batteries

What Shadow says is correct... 2007 is when they worked out all the bugs, so you may not have the best OBC, but my point was that thousands of Precedents in my town running around and people don't seem to know any different (but then they are not on this forum) so if you think there is a problem or confirmed you have a bad OBC model like Tahoe says, then change it.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: deka 12v batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
your 2005 should have a newer version OBC but i think david would know for sure.......i do know that in 2003 2004 they already had 2 updated versions for what was in 95,s thur 99,s....................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
What Shadow says is correct... 2007 is when they worked out all the bugs, so you may not have the best OBC, but my point was that thousands of Precedents in my town running around and people don't seem to know any different (but then they are not on this forum) so if you think there is a problem or confirmed you have a bad OBC model like Tahoe says, then change it.
I don't have an issue with it and it is working fine. I will just change the batteries only this spring and leave the current OBC in service
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: deka 12v batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I don't have an issue with it and it is working fine. I will just change the batteries only this spring and leave the current OBC in service
................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Deka Pro Master Batteries Electric EZGO
trojan t-45 vs deka gc10 for range increase Electric EZGO
Deka batteries Electric Club Car
6V Deka Batteries Electric Club Car
Deka 8 volt Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.