lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,525
Default DS Input shaft removal?

My manuals are not clear. I have what I believe is a bad bearing and need to pull the input shaft to replace the bearings... On the DS is there a snap ring like on EZGOs or does the trans-axle have to be pulled and do I have to seperate the trans-axle case to remove the input shart?
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: DS Input shaft removal?

I'm assuming you are talking about the 2001 DS in your sig.. If so, you should have a Graziano rear end. If you do, here's the steps..

Put car in tow, Unhook main positive and negative battery posts.
Lift the rear of the car and put it on jack stands. Remove passenger side U-Bolt and rear shackle bolts on the passenger side. Drop leaf spring down. Remove motor. Remove axle tube from center differential chunk. (This step isn't 100% necessary but makes for a MUCH easier re-installation when the job is complete) Remove all of the bolts around the outside edge of the differential case, don't forget the two that were previously hidden by the motor (On each side of the input shaft) Once those are out you may split the case in two pieces and leave the drivers side completely installed in the vehicle. Pull all of the gears out and change your bearings, Re-install everything and be sure to use RTV silicone on the case and the axle tube, add new oil. Drink a beer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,525
Default Re: DS Input shaft removal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about the 2001 DS in your sig.. If so, you should have a Graziano rear end. If you do, here's the steps..

Put car in tow, Unhook main positive and negative battery posts.
Lift the rear of the car and put it on jack stands. Remove passenger side U-Bolt and rear shackle bolts on the passenger side. Drop leaf spring down. Remove motor. Remove axle tube from center differential chunk. (This step isn't 100% necessary but makes for a MUCH easier re-installation when the job is complete) Remove all of the bolts around the outside edge of the differential case, don't forget the two that were previously hidden by the motor (On each side of the input shaft) Once those are out you may split the case in two pieces and leave the drivers side completely installed in the vehicle. Pull all of the gears out and change your bearings, Re-install everything and be sure to use RTV silicone on the case and the axle tube, add new oil. Drink a beer.

Ugh, I was afraid of that... The sound I have is definitively not the motor and and is coming directly from the input shaft area, so it's got to be a bad bearing. It kinda of sounds like a clunk clunk clunk as it spins like a bearing has gone out. How long of a job is this going to take, a couple of hours?
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: DS Input shaft removal?

Yeah roughly 2 hours if you've never done it before
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
72 volt torque monster
 
scottginfla's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sorrento, FLA
Posts: 589
Default Re: DS Input shaft removal?

It may be easier not to seperate the case while still installed on the passenger side axle tube.


go ahead and take the bolts out of the passenger side tube and pull the whole chunk out
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,525
Default

Thanks to the great help from TahoeDawg my problems were easily solved by a motor centering kit, no need to split the transaxle.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: DS Input shaft removal?

Told ya
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,525
Default Re: DS Input shaft removal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Told ya

Yep, Interestingly enough though as I was crawling around down there I discovered both of sides of my passenger shackle were broke into at the upper bolt, I have no idea how it has been staying together!
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: DS Input shaft removal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Yep, Interestingly enough though as I was crawling around down there I discovered both of sides of my passenger shackle were broke into at the upper bolt, I have no idea how it has been staying together!
Oh that's lovely. There's two ways to fix that. Option A is to remove the body, Option B is to remove the plastic bagwell protector and go to town with a roto-zip or a dremel and cut about a 2" round hole to allow you to remove the bolt. Once you're done put the bagwell protector back in and you can't see the whole. I'm a fan of Option B.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,525
Default Re: DS Input shaft removal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Oh that's lovely. There's two ways to fix that. Option A is to remove the body, Option B is to remove the plastic bagwell protector and go to town with a roto-zip or a dremel and cut about a 2" round hole to allow you to remove the bolt. Once you're done put the bagwell protector back in and you can't see the whole. I'm a fan of Option B.
Yep all replaced, was just shocked to find them both broke..... Surprised it hadn't come apart yet.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Input shaft Electric EZGO
G16 input shaft Gas Yamaha
input shaft removal G16 gas Gas Yamaha
1992 ez-go input shaft removal Gas EZGO
need input shaft for G2 Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.