lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4
Default Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

Hello, I'm a nubee to carts and need some advice. I have a 2007 Club Car DS and when I first got it it ran pretty fast. It ran that way for several months till I decided to do some work to spruce it up a bit (paint, lift, tires, etc). To do this work I disconnected the batteries as a precaution. Now when I put it all back together it does not run as fast as before. I read where these IQ carts can be programmed to run faster. Could it be that having my batteries disconnected for 3 or 4 days, that my computer reverted back to an old program?

Thanks,
Steve
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

not sure about that but it shouldn,t have, are you sure you put all cables back on correct? its not hard to make a mistake with them so double check everything you did.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

I verified that I do have them connected red to positive black to negative. It still goes pretty well, I'd guess 8-10mph. But before it was in the high teens.
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
89GatorClub's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Palatka, Fl
Posts: 799
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

I would think you would have lost a little bit of speed due to a lift kit and tires but not 10mph
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

The speed code in the controller should not change because the batteries were disconnected . . . if you are only getting about 8mph now, I would guess the speed sensor may be bad . . . when speed sensor goes out, the controller defaults to 8mph in IQ system . . . to test speed sensor do this:

Try and push the car manually and see if the motor braking tries to keep it from "Rolling away" If the sensor is working, it'll try to slow itself down, if it just keeps rolling, it's bad. Make sure you do this test in the "RUN" position. If it's in "TOW" it will definitely roll.
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

Quote:
Stevegrmich
Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)
The speed code in the controller should not change because the batteries were disconnected . . . if you are only getting about 8mph now, I would guess the speed sensor may be bad . . . when speed sensor goes out, the controller defaults to 8mph in IQ system . . . to test speed sensor do this:

Try and push the car manually and see if the motor braking tries to keep it from "Rolling away" If the sensor is working, it'll try to slow itself down, if it just keeps rolling, it's bad. Make sure you do this test in the "RUN" position. If it's in "TOW" it will definitely roll.
I tried the push test (Run and key on) and after a good push it continues to roll so I ordered a new sensor and will try that. Thanks for the help.

Steve
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indio, CA The Desert!
Posts: 1,177
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

OK, I am slowly getting bits and pieces on how to do this.

First guy told us to put the cart in run. Thanks for that.

Next guy mentioned the key was to be on. Thanks.

Now if someome will donate some more info ( like what position the f/r switch should be in) I think i will have the entire sequence.

Thanks guys for the info..
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Getting Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
OK, I am slowly getting bits and pieces on how to do this.

First guy told us to put the cart in run. Thanks for that.

Next guy mentioned the key was to be on. Thanks.

Now if someome will donate some more info ( like what position the f/r switch should be in) I think i will have the entire sequence.

Thanks guys for the info..
does not matter just push fwd if in fwd or backwards if in rev
swampsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indio, CA The Desert!
Posts: 1,177
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

OK, Thanks for that info. Us newbies need to be spoon fed and need ALL the info.

So DO NOT put it in a neutral position to try this, correct?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
Getting Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Default Re: Disconnected/reconnected batteries now cart not as fast (IQ System)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
OK, Thanks for that info. Us newbies need to be spoon fed and need ALL the info.

So DO NOT put it in a neutral position to try this, correct?
do not put in neutral

new to this site but but not yamaha carts
swampsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Reconnected Club Car Engine - now won't go Electric Club Car
Elcon Charger Indicating Batteries Disconnected When They Are Connected Electric Club Car
Batteries charging too fast? Electric EZGO
92 Draining the batteries fast. Electric EZGO
MSD Ign. System for 350cc motors from Fast Freds Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.