lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

ok, I hooked up the meter via the two wires on the wire harness and my readings are still off. The meter reads 49.5 and accross the battery pack it reads 50.5. Any other ideas?
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #12
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
ok, I hooked up the meter via the two wires on the wire harness and my readings are still off. The meter reads 49.5 and accross the battery pack it reads 50.5. Any other ideas?
Hook it up to the battery pack . . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Hook it up to the battery pack . . . .
Did that and it was no different.
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Meter readings

. . . when reading meter in dash, add 1v to reading . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #15
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
ok, I hooked up the meter via the two wires on the wire harness and my readings are still off. The meter reads 49.5 and accross the battery pack it reads 50.5. Any other ideas?
The wires I spoke about in the other thread that Scotty mentioned are wires used by Club Car for their optional meter. I have a Datel Meter, (the one that ScottyB sells as well as an LED meter.) I also use my Digital Meter, (Sperry DM-4400A,) to test my battery pack on occasion as well as each of my batteries individually. My Sperry and my Dash mounted Datel read within .1 volts of each other. What type of Digital meter did you use in comparison with your Dash Meter? If the same meter measures different voltages from your pack or the actual 2 wires CC shows to use then obviously something is also drawing off those wires. What is your inverter tied into? Trace back using the schematic if you want to help you find if something is drawing off of them.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . when reading meter in dash, add 1v to reading . . .
That works as well
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
The wires I spoke about in the other thread that Scotty mentioned are wires used by Club Car for their optional meter. I have a Datel Meter, (the one that ScottyB sells as well as an LED meter.) I also use my Digital Meter, (Sperry DM-4400A,) to test my battery pack on occasion as well as each of my batteries individually. My Sperry and my Dash mounted Datel read within .1 volts of each other. What type of Digital meter did you use in comparison with your Dash Meter? If the same meter measures different voltages from your pack or the actual 2 wires CC shows to use then obviously something is also drawing off those wires. What is your inverter tied into? Trace back using the schematic if you want to help you find if something is drawing off of them.
My inverter is hooked to the black in my control box.
I've tried hooking it up all different ways and I continue to get different readings . I guess I will just do as Steve said and add the 1.
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
The wires I spoke about in the other thread that Scotty mentioned are wires used by Club Car for their optional meter. I have a Datel Meter, (the one that ScottyB sells as well as an LED meter.) I also use my Digital Meter, (Sperry DM-4400A,) to test my battery pack on occasion as well as each of my batteries individually. My Sperry and my Dash mounted Datel read within .1 volts of each other. What type of Digital meter did you use in comparison with your Dash Meter? If the same meter measures different voltages from your pack or the actual 2 wires CC shows to use then obviously something is also drawing off those wires. What is your inverter tied into? Trace back using the schematic if you want to help you find if something is drawing off of them.
It is ok to hook it up via the Black/Yellow and red wires from the wire harness, correct?
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
It is ok to hook it up via the Black/Yellow and red wires from the wire harness, correct?
If those are the two wires that were not connected behind the dash, and near where the punch-out was located on your Precedent, then yes. Just test both leads and see if they are the same as your pack voltage first.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Battery readings Electric Club Car
Battery readings Electric EZGO
Normal readings Electric Yamaha
Voltage readings Electric EZGO
Amp readings different on two chargers Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.