lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Meter readings

Ok, I hooked up the digital battery meter that I got from scottyB and for some reason I'm getting 3 different readings? I'm wondering if anyone had any ideas??? Here are my readings:
with a volt meter I'm getting 49.9 on the back of the meter itself.
Across the baterry back I'm getting 50.6.
and the digital meter reads 49.5. Any ideas?
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
89GatorClub's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Palatka, Fl
Posts: 799
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
Ok, I hooked up the digital battery meter that I got from scottyB and for some reason I'm getting 3 different readings? I'm wondering if anyone had any ideas??? Here are my readings:
with a volt meter I'm getting 49.9 on the back of the meter itself.
Across the baterry back I'm getting 50.6.
and the digital meter reads 49.5. Any ideas?
A few things cause this....the wire resistance....the resistance in the digital meter to give you a digital reading compared to whats on the back.
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
A few things cause this....the wire resistance....the resistance in the digital meter to give you a digital reading compared to whats on the back.

Is there a fix for this?
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

Right now I have my meter hooked up to the key switch (+) and the (-) to the black inside the control box. I read that there are two wires on the factory wiring harness of the club Precedent for a battery meter hookup. Is this true?
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,064
Default Re: Meter readings

I'm at a loss. I connected 3 of the meters and 2 Fluke DMMs to a battery pack and never got more than a 10th of a volt variation in all the readings through out the recharge cycle.
Have you tried a different, cleaner source. Have you tried connecting the meter directly to the battery pack...
By the way this is a CC Precedent, correct? Did you try connecting to the source shown in the diagram found in the link I gave you from Scubabud?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm at a loss. I connected 3 of the meters and 2 Fluke DMMs to a battery pack and never got more than a 10th of a volt variation in all the readings through out the recharge cycle.
Have you tried a different, cleaner source. Have you tried connecting the meter directly to the battery pack...
By the way this is a CC Precedent, correct?
Yes, it's a CC Precedent. I will try hooking straight to the negative post on the battery tomorrow.
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,064
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
Yes, it's a CC Precedent. I will try hooking straight to the negative post on the battery tomorrow.
Here is a diagram that Scuba gave us, I have not tried it but I'm told this works good.



You will find the original link here on pg 4 > Precedent SOC ~ digital meter install
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

Ok, hooked up the negative wire straight to the negative post on the battery and this is what I came up with.
meter reads 49.6
back of meter 50.0
accross battery pack 51
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
Ok, hooked up the negative wire straight to the negative post on the battery and this is what I came up with.
meter reads 49.6
back of meter 50.0
accross battery pack 51
And my Pos (+) is hooked to the blue on my key switch which also has my voltage reducer attached.
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 65
Default Re: Meter readings

So it looks like I can use the black/yellow wire from the wire harness as my negative, correct? I would like to still use the positive (blue) from my key switch so the meter will go off when the cart is off. Sound right? Forgive me for my lack of wiring ability..
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Battery readings Electric Club Car
Battery readings Electric EZGO
Normal readings Electric Yamaha
Voltage readings Electric EZGO
Amp readings different on two chargers Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.