lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, CA
Posts: 34
Default 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

HI ALL. I'm new to the group but have been lurking around soaking up as much as I can. I recently picked up a 2000 48v Regen 2 from what I can tell from the research I have seen. The batteries are about 3 years old and have been metered on the pack at 59volts after a 45minute run up and down hills, so i'm sure the batteries are ok. I've checked the run solenoid and it's clicking over the 59 volts as it should be. The brakes aren't dragging as I can switch it to tow and pull the cart with one hand. The accel linkage is wiping all the way and has no slop. It has a stock GE 220amp controller and a stock 3.2hp motor. It only goes 10MPH on flat and down to about 8.5 or so on hills using GPS, am I missing something or is that all I should be getting out of this cart?
suprsze007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,861
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprsze007 View Post
HI ALL. I'm new to the group but have been lurking around soaking up as much as I can. I recently picked up a 2000 48v Regen 2 from what I can tell from the research I have seen. The batteries are about 3 years old and have been metered on the pack at 59volts after a 45minute run up and down hills, so i'm sure the batteries are ok. I've checked the run solenoid and it's clicking over the 59 volts as it should be. The brakes aren't dragging as I can switch it to tow and pull the cart with one hand. The accel linkage is wiping all the way and has no slop. It has a stock GE 220amp controller and a stock 3.2hp motor. It only goes 10MPH on flat and down to about 8.5 or so on hills using GPS, am I missing something or is that all I should be getting out of this cart?
If its an IQ cart, it could be on the lowest setting, which is around 10 mph. Just a guess...
jakesnake27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
medney's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 51
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

Been there done that - it's probably your speed controller went bad and it will default to that slow speed. Replaced mine and took care of the problem.
medney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, CA
Posts: 34
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

I don't believe it is an IQ cart as it does not have the port under the F&R switch and does not have the newer rounded style rocker switch.

I ran a voltage check on the run solenoid while pushing the pedal down and the run solenoid voltage increases to max volts coordinating with where the pedal is so I don't think it's an accelerator issue either. Really confused
suprsze007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
medney's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 51
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

I said speed controller and it's actually speed sensor. There are 2 different kinds depending on your motor. Shop around - whole lot of variance on prices!
medney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, CA
Posts: 34
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by medney View Post
Been there done that - it's probably your speed controller went bad and it will default to that slow speed. Replaced mine and took care of the problem.
Is the speed controller the part that's on the frame rail connected to the pedal via linkage? or the GE controller mounted in the rear?
suprsze007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, CA
Posts: 34
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by medney View Post
I said speed controller and it's actually speed sensor. There are 2 different kinds depending on your motor. Shop around - whole lot of variance on prices!
The motor does have a plug on the one end but I was under the assumption that was for the regen braking and shouldn't affect the speed.
suprsze007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprsze007 View Post
The motor does have a plug on the one end but I was under the assumption that was for the regen braking and shouldn't affect the speed.
Speed sensor is mounted inside back (passenger) side of motor . . look for pigtail connector . . depending on type of motor, it will either have two small screws mounting it to back of motor or it will have a pressed in cap . . when sensor quits working, the controller will default to 8mph . . . to test, turn cart on, put in FWD or REV, push the cart . . if it rolls freely and easily, speed sensor is bad . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, CA
Posts: 34
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Speed sensor is mounted inside back (passenger) side of motor . . look for pigtail connector . . depending on type of motor, it will either have two small screws mounting it to back of motor or it will have a pressed in cap . . when sensor quits working, the controller will default to 8mph . . . to test, turn cart on, put in FWD or REV, push the cart . . if it rolls freely and easily, speed sensor is bad . . .
I checked that last night. There was a cut wire on that pigtail so i re-connected it. it does not roll freely now but that did not affect the over all MPH.
suprsze007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 2000 DS Regen 2 only 10mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprsze007 View Post
I checked that last night. There was a cut wire on that pigtail so i re-connected it. it does not roll freely now but that did not affect the over all MPH.
if its a reagan cart and someone cut the wire on the pigtail for speed sensor that were trying to eliminate the reagan solenoid. was the wire green?.........that may be your problem the solenoid have you tested it?? if solenoid isn,t working its going to slow cart down.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2000 Club Car Regen question Extreme DC!
2000 Electric Club Car regen brake Electric Club Car
2000 Regen Question Electric Club Car
2000 Regen no go Electric Club Car
2000 regen charge problems Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.