lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 90
Default New Owner

Well I bit the bullet and purchased a stock 2007 Precendent with 2010 batteries, fold down rear seat, front & rear lights. I have noticed that my cart is much slower than my neighbor's 94 DS. I assume because of the speed setting and the regen brake? Now I like the way it is now for the kids, but I want to go faster for myself.... LOL.... Does anyone know if the Two-Speed-Kit-Club-Car-IQ-High-Speed-Upto-20-MPH-WITH-WIRING-HARNESS that you can find on Ebay works and is safe for the cart?

Thanks!.... More questions to come... LOL

George
Culln5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,883
Default Re: New Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culln5 View Post
Well I bit the bullet and purchased a stock 2007 Precendent with 2010 batteries, fold down rear seat, front & rear lights. I have noticed that my cart is much slower than my neighbor's 94 DS. I assume because of the speed setting and the regen brake? Now I like the way it is now for the kids, but I want to go faster for myself.... LOL.... Does anyone know if the Two-Speed-Kit-Club-Car-IQ-High-Speed-Upto-20-MPH-WITH-WIRING-HARNESS that you can find on Ebay works and is safe for the cart?

Thanks!.... More questions to come... LOL

George
I would just take it to your dealer and get Speed code 4 installed, which gives you 20 mph. It's the fastest setting and it costs $100
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 90
Default Re: New Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I would just take it to your dealer and get Speed code 4 installed, which gives you 20 mph. It's the fastest setting and it costs $100
I inquired about that with the dealer when I heard it could be done and they want $249 to change the speed code. He also mentioned that the code was unique to the cart's controller and if something happened to it the upgrade would have to be purchased again.... ??....

George
Culln5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: New Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culln5 View Post
I inquired about that with the dealer when I heard it could be done and they want $249 to change the speed code. He also mentioned that the code was unique to the cart's controller and if something happened to it the upgrade would have to be purchased again.... ??....

George
$249. Call a different dealer.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
SaltLifeCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 729
Default Re: New Owner

Go elsewhere for better price. The code is tied to your cart only and would have to be programmed again if something happened. Whether or not they charge you again is up to them.

A lift with some bigger tires will add some speed as well.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: New Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culln5 View Post
I inquired about that with the dealer when I heard it could be done and they want $249 to change the speed code. He also mentioned that the code was unique to the cart's controller and if something happened to it the upgrade would have to be purchased again.... ??....

George
1. $249 is too much money . . $100-125 seems to be a "normal" pricing . . .

2. Speed code 4 is "built" by CC using a combination of the cart's serial number and the serial number of the controller . . . if controller dies for some reason, a new code would be needed for the replacement stock controller . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 90
Default Re: New Owner

So are the SpeedyLink type units an option? Are they safe?

George
Culln5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,981
Default Re: New Owner

Two things are BADLY wrong with this thread....

1. A 1994 DS is outrunning a 2007 Precedent.... NOT normal.

2. A dealer is stupid enough to charge people that much money to install a speed code. That's the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard.

Go with a PlumQuick bandit motor for the same price as their speed code. It'll give you more speed and torque, and eliminate the regen braking. Or if you're not interested in that route, call another dealer.

The only way a 1994 DS would outrun that Precedent is if the DS is modded, or if the Precedent is set on speed code 1, something I've NEVER seen anybody use. Not even once. Another possible problem is a bad speed sensor. Drive it for a few feet and get out and push it. Does it slow itself down and emit a beep beep beep from the reverse buzzer while doing so? If so, great, that's normal operation and your speed sensor is fine. If it rolls freely with no resistance, buy a speed sensor and go blister that DS cart.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #9
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 90
Default Re: New Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Two things are BADLY wrong with this thread....

1. A 1994 DS is outrunning a 2007 Precedent.... NOT normal.

2. A dealer is stupid enough to charge people that much money to install a speed code. That's the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard.

Go with a PlumQuick bandit motor for the same price as their speed code. It'll give you more speed and torque, and eliminate the regen braking. Or if you're not interested in that route, call another dealer.

The only way a 1994 DS would outrun that Precedent is if the DS is modded, or if the Precedent is set on speed code 1, something I've NEVER seen anybody use. Not even once. Another possible problem is a bad speed sensor. Drive it for a few feet and get out and push it. Does it slow itself down and emit a beep beep beep from the reverse buzzer while doing so? If so, great, that's normal operation and your speed sensor is fine. If it rolls freely with no resistance, buy a speed sensor and go blister that DS cart.
I may have not been clear with what I was trying to say. My cart will run 14-16 MPH in all conditions (flat, uphill, downhill). My buddies DS is very slow uphill but screams to about 30 MPH downhill (that's where he smokes me). Yes, the cart beeps when it moves without depressing the accelerator.

As far as these plug in speed links, I am looking for a temporary fix until I become more familiar with what's out there to mod it properly (winter projects).

George
Culln5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,981
Default Re: New Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culln5 View Post
I may have not been clear with what I was trying to say. My cart will run 14-16 MPH in all conditions (flat, uphill, downhill). My buddies DS is very slow uphill but screams to about 30 MPH downhill (that's where he smokes me). Yes, the cart beeps when it moves without depressing the accelerator.

As far as these plug in speed links, I am looking for a temporary fix until I become more familiar with what's out there to mod it properly (winter projects).

George
That's normal. The 94 DS doesn't have motor braking. The high speed code will still leave the motor braking enabled, but increase the top speed to 19.6MPH. You either need a PQ motor, or a Speedylink to eliminate your motor braking.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New G9 Owner (I think ) Gas Yamaha
New Owner Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.