lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Default 1975 clubcar issue

Hello im new to site i have a 1975 clubcar with 5 solonoids.I have checked that all wiring is correct.When i push pedal I hear all solonoids clicking but no movement.If I jump wire from big post to small post on first solonoid I get only high speed in forward and slow in reverse so I no the motor is good.If anyone could send me in the right direction that would be appreciated.
pdqrenovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 1975 clubcar issue

what solenoid are you jumping? the furthest left one ( drivers side ) thats the master......the other 4 are speeds.........anyways even clicking solenoids can be bad but start with master 1st.....jack rear up and use your jumper on both large post not large to small but large to large.......turn key on put in gear and press pedal slowly if cart runs than you have a bad solenoid or the microswitch that activates it is bad.......get that squared away 1st...........once it will run leave it jacked up and slowly press pedal and watch wheels at 2nd solenoid click wheels should start slowly start turning and as each solenoid clicks wheels should turn faster......if you get to a spot where wheels don,t respond problem will either be that solenoid or microswitch.......a 1975 have you thought about just changing all 5 solenoids and all 5 microswitches? switches are in silver box on frame rail front drivers side...........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Default Re: 1975 clubcar issue

Thanks for info i will try that.I may be wrong on the year having a hard time narrowing it down.The tag is gone,and when i go through all wiring diagrams I dont see one with 5 solonoids like mine.I do know its before 1976 it has 3 pedals.
pdqrenovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 1975 clubcar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqrenovations View Post
Thanks for info i will try that.I may be wrong on the year having a hard time narrowing it down.The tag is gone,and when i go through all wiring diagrams I dont see one with 5 solonoids like mine.I do know its before 1976 it has 3 pedals.
3 pedals its a club car caraoche, nice old cart..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Default Re: 1975 clubcar issue

I tried to post a pic of cart but it ended up in my profile if that would help determine year now that I know its a caraoche.
pdqrenovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Default Re: 1975 clubcar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
what solenoid are you jumping? the furthest left one ( drivers side ) thats the master......the other 4 are speeds.........anyways even clicking solenoids can be bad but start with master 1st.....jack rear up and use your jumper on both large post not large to small but large to large.......turn key on put in gear and press pedal slowly if cart runs than you have a bad solenoid or the microswitch that activates it is bad.......get that squared away 1st...........once it will run leave it jacked up and slowly press pedal and watch wheels at 2nd solenoid click wheels should start slowly start turning and as each solenoid clicks wheels should turn faster......if you get to a spot where wheels don,t respond problem will either be that solenoid or microswitch.......a 1975 have you thought about just changing all 5 solenoids and all 5 microswitches? switches are in silver box on frame rail front drivers side...........................................
when i put jumper wire from large to large post on master solonoid and hit gas i get full throttle forward and slow in reverse.
pdqrenovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 1975 clubcar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqrenovations View Post
when i put jumper wire from large to large post on master solonoid and hit gas i get full throttle forward and slow in reverse.
ok so you have a few bad solenoids.....the master and if i had to guess your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd speeds.....if i were you i would just replace all 5 and be done with it save the 2 good ones you have for spares...............if not you,ll need to change 4 of them from the left working right thjen you,ll have all your speeds......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Default Re: 1975 clubcar issue

Thanks thats what i will do.I was looking on line and I noticed a wide range in price,what is a average price for a decent solonoid?
pdqrenovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 1975 clubcar issue

its been a while since i have bought any as i keep a load of them for stock but a good golfcart 36 volt solenoid maybe 20.00 to 25.00 each..............just be sure you get 36 volt cart solenoids................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
1975 ez go gas golfcart Gas EZGO
1975 ezgo Gas EZGO
1975 ezgo gas Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.