lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
Default 91 Club Car DS problem

Hey yall, Im new to the forum and new to Club Cars. I have a 91 club car that only inches forward then stops. The solenoid clicks then it moves slowly for a second then stops. Sounded like a controller to me but I am an Ezgo guy and have not a clue if the triangular deal under the drivers side is the controller or how to test that it is bad. Any help would be very much appreciated. Oh and it began doing this when I had 4 people on it which made me think controller burnt up as well. Really just confused on how solenoid is clicking with bad controller if the controller is the issue.
gotmud10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

are you sure its not battery related or motor related? i would start by testing and load testing batteries and checking all cables...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Marion, Ar
Posts: 91
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

Check your batteries
birdleg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

Did that haha thats step 1. All my connections are good. I think its a controller but really want confirmation that someone else had an issue like this. I know when I have worked on ezgo's they have an ITS switch and it almost seems like some issues I have had with the ITS switch in the EZGO. Is there an ITS switch in the club car?
gotmud10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Marion, Ar
Posts: 91
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

Positive no batteries are dropping out under load?
birdleg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

100% positive it isnt battery issues. I paid 700 for a load tester that runs all the batteries down and they run for 73-84 minutes. I am efficient on ezgos and work on them all the time...but these club cars are totally different. I cant figure it out.That is why i am asking yall whats next to check on the club car. It is totally different for anyone that only knows an ezgo. thanks.
gotmud10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmud10 View Post
Hey yall, Im new to the forum and new to Club Cars. I have a 91 club car that only inches forward then stops. The solenoid clicks then it moves slowly for a second then stops. Sounded like a controller to me but I am an Ezgo guy and have not a clue if the triangular deal under the drivers side is the controller or how to test that it is bad. Any help would be very much appreciated. Oh and it began doing this when I had 4 people on it which made me think controller burnt up as well. Really just confused on how solenoid is clicking with bad controller if the controller is the issue.
. . . the triangular thingy is the V-Glide, not the controller . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . the triangular thingy is the V-Glide, not the controller . . .
yep, if your sure batteries are good next step would be look in v-glide and make sure all is working in there.....theres a movable arm that rides across a set of copper shoes as you press pedal and if the wiper arm is out of adjustment or worn out it will cause your problem ..........i don,t think your controller is an issue.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yep, if your sure batteries are good next step would be look in v-glide and make sure all is working in there.....theres a movable arm that rides across a set of copper shoes as you press pedal and if the wiper arm is out of adjustment or worn out it will cause your problem ..........i don,t think your controller is an issue.......................................
I appreciate your help...Its nice to have someone who knows what they are talking about haha the arm on the V-glide was snapped in half. I hate when people act like you are stupid enough not to check the batteries and your connections. ha Its just I didnt know what to look for next since it was my first club car. I know on PDS EZGOs the controller can be bad and go half speed. Thats why I was confused on this. Thanks again. It is fixed.
gotmud10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
lmswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 366
Default Re: 91 Club Car DS problem

People "act like people are stupid" because a lot of them are. And until you post a bit more and people get a feel for your capabilities thats usually the best place to start is with batteries..
Dont take it personal, he helped point you in the right direction right?
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
98 club car problem Electric Club Car
'96 48V Club Car problem Electric Club Car
Club Car go problem Electric Club Car
I'm new here and have a Club Car problem. Electric Club Car
98 Club Car problem Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.