lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cullman, AL/Destin, FL
Posts: 273
Default Battery Voltage Question

I have a new battery pack (month or so old). Batteries are T-875. My in dash digital meter has not been showing the voltage I think it should be when fully charged. It shows 50.4v. When I check it with my hand held I get 55.8v on the entire pack and 9.3 on each battery checked individually (8v batteries). I checked the voltage at the in dash meter with my handheld and get 55.8v there as well.

Questions...
Is 55.8 too high?
Is my hand held or my in-dash reading incorrectly or both?
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,053
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

55v is okay if the charger is running, if not then you probably need to replace the battery in the handheld.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

+1 on Scotty's recommendation on installing a new battery in your handheld meter. Mine read higher then normal with a weak battery.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cullman, AL/Destin, FL
Posts: 273
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

You guys are correct, the hand held did much better after a battery change. I still have a discrepancy between the two meters. After a full charge, my in dash meter reads 51.0 and my handheld reads 51.6. Which one should I believe? My handheld meter is a Greenlee DM20, not real expensive, but better than some.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,053
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
You guys are correct, the hand held did much better after a battery change. I still have a discrepancy between the two meters. After a full charge, my in dash meter reads 51.0 and my handheld reads 51.6. Which one should I believe? My handheld meter is a Greenlee DM20, not real expensive, but better than some.
Check at the back of the meter
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Check at the back of the meter
Scotty, remember mine was reading different as well? Mine read .6v higher on my handheld at the pack. When I used my handheld at the meter feed it read the same as the meter. So neither the dash meter or handheld meter was faulty and determined there has to be some resistance in the factory wire feed going to the dash. I ran new wires to the pack and problem solved. I know some have used the factory feeds without issues while some had issues like me.

nobogez42, are you using the factory feed behind your dash?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cullman, AL/Destin, FL
Posts: 273
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Scotty, remember mine was reading different as well? Mine read .6v higher on my handheld at the pack. When I used my handheld at the meter feed it read the same as the meter. So neither the dash meter or handheld meter was faulty and determined there has to be some resistance in the factory wire feed going to the dash. I ran new wires to the pack and problem solved. I know some have used the factory feeds without issues while some had issues like me.

nobogez42, are you using the factory feed behind your dash?
I cant remember if I checked it at the meter after the new battery install on the meter. I will check again when I get home. I have a new factory wiring harness as I just did a 8v conversion.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
I cant remember if I checked it at the meter after the new battery install on the meter. I will check again when I get home. I have a new factory wiring harness as I just did a 8v conversion.
New harness all the way to the dash?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cullman, AL/Destin, FL
Posts: 273
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
New harness all the way to the dash?
Yes. A new harness comes with the conversion kit.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Battery Voltage Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
Yes. A new harness comes with the conversion kit.
That's interesting. Wonder if you run two temporary wires to the meter from the pack to see if it reads different?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Battery voltage over 100% Electric Club Car
Battery voltage question Electric EZGO
battery voltage Electric Club Car
battery voltage Electric golf carts
Battery Voltage question Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.