lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #61
Gone Wild
 
Dale-D's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Iberia, La.
Posts: 154
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

As stated, I have NOT replaced that wire yet

To the others
Call Plum Quick. or call Carts Unli,ited where I got My motor from

BUT, I'd say Plum Quick would be better. The folks at D & D Motors called yesterday, they DO NOT have a solution for the EXCEL SYSTEM as of yet

All I did was a Hi Speed, Hi Torque motor swap, and I made up a set of #2 cables Myself. I installed the cables yesterday ( not to the OBC yet ) and I have the batteries on charge right now, I will report my findings

As of now, I know of 2 Hi Speed motors for the Excel System, one from Carts Unlimited and one from Plum Quick

They CAN be swapped out with all STOCK HARDWARE. I say this from experience,I have had NO adverst effect to the cart as of yet.....Time will tell

Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 11-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #62
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale-D View Post
As stated, I have NOT replaced that wire yet

To the others
Call Plum Quick. or call Carts Unli,ited where I got My motor from

BUT, I'd say Plum Quick would be better. The folks at D & D Motors called yesterday, they DO NOT have a solution for the EXCEL SYSTEM as of yet

All I did was a Hi Speed, Hi Torque motor swap, and I made up a set of #2 cables Myself. I installed the cables yesterday ( not to the OBC yet ) and I have the batteries on charge right now, I will report my findings

As of now, I know of 2 Hi Speed motors for the Excel System, one from Carts Unlimited and one from Plum Quick

They CAN be swapped out with all STOCK HARDWARE. I say this from experience,I have had NO adverst effect to the cart as of yet.....Time will tell

Dale D
. . . you can replace the negative cable that passes thru OBC by using ScottyB's OBC Stud Kit, shown here, towards bottom of page . . .

ScottyB's OBC Stud Kit
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #63
Gone Wild
 
Dale-D's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Iberia, La.
Posts: 154
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Thanks Steve, I may just order that stud kit
I an sure I can retrofit that to the Positive side also
Nice sugestion
Thanks My Friend




Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #64
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lewisville NC
Posts: 24
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Put an IQ wire harness on it for an i2 Precedent. After that you'll be able to change the controller. Simple, easy fix. Part number 103374901
TahoeDawg,
Are there any issues with the IQ harness being to short to reach the controller that was moved on the i2 excel carts? I got the Curtis 1268 conversion from Nivel, but they sent the wrong conversion harness. Thinking I should just get the IQ harness and move on...
Your thoughts?
Darver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2014, 09:49 AM   #65
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,030
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darver View Post
TahoeDawg,
Are there any issues with the IQ harness being to short to reach the controller that was moved on the i2 excel carts? I got the Curtis 1268 conversion from Nivel, but they sent the wrong conversion harness. Thinking I should just get the IQ harness and move on...
Your thoughts?
The controller wasn't moved for the Excel controller. The controller was moved to allow for 6 8 Volt batteries to fit in the tub. The harness length is the same for IQ and Excel, doesn't matter which drive system it has.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #66
Not Yet Wild
 
EricNCSU1204's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 51
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Bump! I have a 2012 precedent i2 with the excel system. I want to get rid of the regen braking (or at least turn it down) and upgrade my speed and power. I am on speed code 3 currently which means 15 mph is the end of the road period. I would like to get to 20-25. I had a high speed magnet on my 2007 DS but I understand those are not compatible for this new excel system cart.
EricNCSU1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #67
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,030
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNCSU1204 View Post
Bump! I have a 2012 precedent i2 with the excel system. I want to get rid of the regen braking (or at least turn it down) and upgrade my speed and power. I am on speed code 3 currently which means 15 mph is the end of the road period. I would like to get to 20-25. I had a high speed magnet on my 2007 DS but I understand those are not compatible for this new excel system cart.
Alltrax XCT300 controller. That's all you'll need. 22-24MPH with stock electronics. The only thing you'll need for the install are four bolts 1/4x1.5 with some lock nuts and one 6 gauge wire with 5/16" ring terminals, 16" in length.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #68
Not Yet Wild
 
EricNCSU1204's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 51
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Alltrax XCT300 controller. That's all you'll need. 22-24MPH with stock electronics. The only thing you'll need for the install are four bolts 1/4x1.5 with some lock nuts and one 6 gauge wire with 5/16" ring terminals, 16" in length.
wouldn't it be cheaper to do a plum quick bandit motor upgrade? about half the price.
EricNCSU1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #69
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 290
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Good point but if you had a shop do it then what would the difference be?
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2017, 09:35 PM   #70
Not Yet Wild
 
EricNCSU1204's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 51
Default Re: Club Car Precedent I2 Excel Speed Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
Good point but if you had a shop do it then what would the difference be?
I would do the motor install myself. so it would be $200 and some change.
EricNCSU1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Club Car Precident i2 excel acceleration and speed Electric Club Car
09 Precedent I2 Excel Electric Club Car
Brand New controller. Club Car Excel / IQ Golf Carts and Parts
2005 Club Car Precedent Speed Upgrade Questions Gas Club Car
Just Did High Speed Gear Upgrade on my Precedent Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.