lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 3
Red face Club car speed issues

I am new to the forum, so hi everyone! I just got an 2000 Club Car DS non IQ cart and am looking for some ideas of what to do to make it faster. Currently, I am looking to buy batteries, because I am pretty sure they are on their way out. After that, I have read about bigger motors, shortening wires, etc etc etc...very confused. New to the whole electric cart thing. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Current top speed at full charge is 11 mph on a flat to slight downhill and 8.5 to 10 flat / slight uphill. I was told it should go 13 with new batteries.
Bayowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
haveacupofshutthe****up
 
Stevec3201's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 739
Default Re: Club car speed issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayowolf View Post
I am new to the forum, so hi everyone! I just got an 2000 Club Car DS non IQ cart and am looking for some ideas of what to do to make it faster. Currently, I am looking to buy batteries, because I am pretty sure they are on their way out. After that, I have read about bigger motors, shortening wires, etc etc etc...very confused. New to the whole electric cart thing. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Current top speed at full charge is 11 mph on a flat to slight downhill and 8.5 to 10 flat / slight uphill. I was told it should go 13 with new batteries.
Welcome and sorry nobody answered you yet..Don't worry, people will chime in!

Study these posts and read the stickies for info. Call Plum Quick and ask them what motor would be good for your setup. Just know that more power means more heat and you must mitigate the heat by using higher performance parts. For example: The wires that connect the batteries to the controller and motor can be upgraded (ScottyB from Carts Unlimited makes great wires), The soleinoid can and should be upgraded depending on your application. The controller feeds the motor and the bigger the controller (more amps), the more power the motor will get. Lastly, the motor. Some motors don't need big controllers and some need that extra power. Do your research. If you are only looking for a speed increase, I would opt for a high speed motor, one that can run on stock amps, but will glady accept more amps if you decide to upgrade later. The PQ Bandit is very popular for IQ carts, but not sure about yours.

Good luck with your new addiction!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
Schunter's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Auburndale,fl
Posts: 256
Default Re: Club car speed issues

From Auburndale,,,there`s a good place to buy batteries in lake wales
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
CartTrader's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Posts: 887
Default Re: Club car speed issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schunter View Post
From Auburndale,,,there`s a good place to buy batteries in lake wales
Name of place in Lake Wales? I'm not far from there right now!

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 3
Default Re: Club car speed issues

R&R Golf Carts on Combee Rd here in Lakeland has the best buy I have found. 6x8volts for 515.00. Anyone find them cheaper??
Bayowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
Schunter's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Auburndale,fl
Posts: 256
Default Re: Club car speed issues

Are they Trojan 875 ??
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
URBANNGUERILLA's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central FLA
Posts: 184
Default Re: Club car speed issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayowolf View Post
R&R Golf Carts on Combee Rd here in Lakeland has the best buy I have found. 6x8volts for 515.00. Anyone find them cheaper??
Welcome to the forum. Lakeland here also. I have taken my cart to R&R before. No complaints about them. Some of their prices on a couple things are a little above average, but nothing is way out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schunter View Post
From Auburndale,,,there`s a good place to buy batteries in lake wales
What place are you talking about Schunter? I know R&R on combee sells batteries, there's also an interstate batteries or usa batteries on combee (maybe both?)
URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
Gone Wild
 
Schunter's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Auburndale,fl
Posts: 256
Default Re: Club car speed issues

Brewers golf carts going out of lake wales right on 60.The best place i found For trojan 875`s . I have bought 3 sets for 3 difference carts.in the last 5 years.
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 912
Default Re: Club car speed issues

I paid $900 in Cali for T875's.

Anyway I had a 2000 DS. You could just get a higfh speed motor for more speed, but if you want better performance you should upgrade the controller too. You can easily get 25MPH with a motor upgrade though. We used a GE motor 8 years ago, now you would go to an Advance motor as GE is out of the golf motor biz. There are a lot of motor options, let me know if you want more info.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #10
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 3
Wink Re: Club car speed issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
I paid $900 in Cali for T875's.

Anyway I had a 2000 DS. You could just get a higfh speed motor for more speed, but if you want better performance you should upgrade the controller too. You can easily get 25MPH with a motor upgrade though. We used a GE motor 8 years ago, now you would go to an Advance motor as GE is out of the golf motor biz. There are a lot of motor options, let me know if you want more info.
Would love more info please....
Thanks :)
Bayowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
1994 Club Car Speed limiter issues Gas Club Car
powerdrive 2 issues and speed issues. Electric Club Car
Speed issues with 94 club car electric Electric Club Car
Club Car gas speed issues Gas Club Car
Speed Issues with Electric Club Car Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.