lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #21
Gone Wild
 
theboss20's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 613
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Fishing for the bearing retainer is NOT fun...lol
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-23-2015, 08:56 PM   #22
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,372
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Fishing for the bearing retainer is NOT fun...lol
Not a bit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #23
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Just did this mod, what a difference! Thanks RGC!
zimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #24
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,372
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimms View Post
Just did this mod, what a difference! Thanks RGC!
You're very welcome. Thank you for your business.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #25
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 44
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

OK just to make sure I understand. Don't remove the screws and simply pop out the sensor. As mentioned use a paint can opener and gently pry out the existing magnet the install the new one. (Anticipate new one getting here in the next day or so.) Tap the new magnet in with a small block of wood then the sensor snaps back in?
Oh yea, 2005 CC Precedent 05PQ
Thanks
CTXBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #26
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,372
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTXBULL View Post
OK just to make sure I understand. Don't remove the screws and simply pop out the sensor. As mentioned use a paint can opener and gently pry out the existing magnet the install the new one. (Anticipate new one getting here in the next day or so.) Tap the new magnet in with a small block of wood then the sensor snaps back in?
Oh yea, 2005 CC Precedent 05PQ
Thanks
Correct. Do not remove the screws unless you intend to take the motor apart. Send me a message if you need any help.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2016, 09:25 PM   #27
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 44
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Thank you sir I will if I get tied up. Looks like it will be a few days before I can begin the adventure. Thank you
CTXBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 08:50 PM   #28
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 44
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

I replied to wrong thread sorry about that, still learning here.... so I took the speed sensor as you said. started removing old magnet and it broke. now looking to get a small puller to get remaining pieces out without scaring anything up. any suggestions? Am I on the right track?
Thanks
CTXBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #29
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,372
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTXBULL View Post
I replied to wrong thread sorry about that, still learning here.... so I took the speed sensor as you said. started removing old magnet and it broke. now looking to get a small puller to get remaining pieces out without scaring anything up. any suggestions? Am I on the right track?
Thanks
Most of the time the old magnet breaks when you remove it. It's very common. As long as you get the center hub off of the motor you'll be ready to install the new one. It can be a pain and you may have to remove the end-cap of the motor to get it off. If you do, call me and I'll walk you through the re-assembly.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #30
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Default Re: Speed magnet GE motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Most of the time the old magnet breaks when you remove it. It's very common. As long as you get the center hub off of the motor you'll be ready to install the new one. It can be a pain and you may have to remove the end-cap of the motor to get it off. If you do, call me and I'll walk you through the re-assembly.
Just ordered a magnet from your site, 04 club car IQ

Can't wait!

Quick question though, for all the shorter battery cables they are 4awg wires. The two main cables going to the motor I believe or 6 or might even be 8 gauge. Do you think changing those to the bigger 4awg will make a difference? Only thing done to my cart is the higher speed code and i'm tired of going so slow up hills with the whole family is on the cart.
bescurred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Speed Magnet Accidental Find for DS IQ Regen with GE Motor Electric Club Car
GE high speed motor magnet ??? Electric Club Car
Speed Magnet Electric Club Car
Another speed magnet ? Electric EZGO
Speed Magnet Accidental find for DS IQ Regen with GE Motor Extreme DC!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.