lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,025
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Remove it. Cut off the 6 pin connector. Loop the red and blue together. Reinstall the plug. Make new negative cable from charger receptacle to battery. That's it
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Georgia
Posts: 247
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Gotta to give Tahoe Dawg credit where it is due. He has forgotten more than I could ever hope to know about electric carts. He is the go to man for Club Car electric carts both old and new ones. I never fail to get the right answer when I call on him for help.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #13
Gone Wild
 
kgsc's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 6,170
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

OK, Mr Dawg, some of us noobies need a litter better explanation.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #14
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,025
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
OK, Mr Dawg, some of us noobies need a litter better explanation.
Remove the OBC completely and unplug everything from it. Cut off the 6 pin connector from the OBC. Remove all of the pins except for the ones with the red wire and the blue wire. Solder the blue wire and red wires together. Re-install the remaining piece of the 6 pin plug. This loops the circuit together and allows the car to function without an OBC. You'll have to make a new wire for the B- because the current one runs through the OBC. You'll also have to make a new negative charge wire from the receptacle to the battery. Photo attached of the bypass harness I'm referring to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OBC bypass harness IQ.jpg (172.2 KB, 0 views)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
Stay thirsty my friends!
 
gornoman's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 25,042
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Also, removal of the OBC will require the purchase of a new/used standalone automatic charger. But y'all know that already. Just trying to keep the newbies from making a mistake.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 184
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Remove the OBC completely and unplug everything from it. Cut off the 6 pin connector from the OBC. Remove all of the pins except for the ones with the red wire and the blue wire. Solder the blue wire and red wires together. Re-install the remaining piece of the 6 pin plug. This loops the circuit together and allows the car to function without an OBC. You'll have to make a new wire for the B- because the current one runs through the OBC. You'll also have to make a new negative charge wire from the receptacle to the battery. Photo attached of the bypass harness I'm referring to.
Any pics of the new wire for B-( are you talking charge cable?) and for the negative charge wire from receptable to battery? Thanks as always TahoeDawgZ71. Your posts are always infomative and easy to follow.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,025
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantrree View Post
Any pics of the new wire for B-( are you talking charge cable?) and for the negative charge wire from receptable to battery? Thanks as always TahoeDawgZ71. Your posts are always infomative and easy to follow.
No. Just use whatever gauge battery wire you're using for the main cable and I use #10 for charging wire.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #18
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 184
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
No. Just use whatever gauge battery wire you're using for the main cable and I use #10 for charging wire.
Thanks.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conway,Arkansas 72032
Posts: 732
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Dawg, I'm into my first club car build. I would like to remove the obc.
I have a few power wise chargers and was wondering if one of them would work on the club car with the right plug end.If I'm not mistaken that are a stand alone charger.
Thanks for your help.
Sonny
sonnysmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #20
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,025
Default Re: TahoeDawgZ71 Please fill us in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmith View Post
Dawg, I'm into my first club car build. I would like to remove the obc.
I have a few power wise chargers and was wondering if one of them would work on the club car with the right plug end.If I'm not mistaken that are a stand alone charger.
Thanks for your help.
Sonny
Aren't all PowerWise chargers for 36Volt cars? If so, that won't work with a 48 Volt Club Car
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
how do i fill holes Design Center
TXT Nameplate Fill in? Design Center
oil fill capacity Gas EZGO
Happy Birthday TahoeDawgZ71 Announcements
Ha-z an-Eee-one se-een mY fill-ings ? ? Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.