Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/)
-   Electric Club Car (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/)
-   -   Regen vs IQ (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/76361-regen-vs-iq.html)

CartTrader 02-21-2013 05:17 PM

Regen vs IQ
 
What is the difference between a Regen GE motor and an IQ GE motor? On the IQ you can program the controller to make the cart go faster. Why can you get an IQ up to 19MPH but you can't do anything for a Regen?

Thanks CartTrader

jakesnake27 02-21-2013 06:01 PM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CartTrader (Post 842741)
What is the difference between a Regen GE motor and an IQ GE motor? On the IQ you can program the controller to make the cart go faster. Why can you get an IQ up to 19MPH but you can't do anything for a Regen?

Thanks CartTrader

I don't think IQ and Regen are comparable- one is a drive system, one is a braking feature.
For drive systems; there is either Series or IQ.
Regen is regenerative braking, so the cart either has it or it doesn't.
I may be wrong on this...

CartTrader 02-21-2013 07:05 PM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
But are the motors the same or different? I think even the IQ has motor braking.


CartTrader

TahoeDawgZ71 02-21-2013 08:44 PM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
The two motors are nearly identical. Maybe slightly different windings in one than the other. However, I can confirm that they're both fully compatible with one another. They're both shunt motors and are of similar HP ratings. I have converted several Regen2 cars to IQ cars and left the motor in place and they function just as an IQ motor would function when being operated by an IQ controller.

CartTrader 02-21-2013 09:02 PM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
Thanks David. What is required to change a Regen to an IQ other than the controller? Is it the controller that keeps a Regen from going faster than 12 to 14 MPH?

CartTrader

TahoeDawgZ71 02-22-2013 07:29 AM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CartTrader (Post 842887)
Thanks David. What is required to change a Regen to an IQ other than the controller? Is it the controller that keeps a Regen from going faster than 12 to 14 MPH?

CartTrader

Mainly just the wire harness, Also Swap the V-Glide if equipped for an MCOR, the IQ system doesn't like to operate with a 5 step potentiometer such as a V-glide.

CartTrader 03-22-2013 08:49 PM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
Been thinking...What is the fastest, easiest way to get more speed out of a Regen CC?

Thanks CartTrader

TahoeDawgZ71 03-23-2013 10:09 AM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CartTrader (Post 856404)
Been thinking...What is the fastest, easiest way to get more speed out of a Regen CC?

Thanks CartTrader

Motor and Controller upgrade

CartTrader 03-23-2013 10:46 AM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 856572)
Motor and Controller upgrade

Any specific controller? If the motors (Regen & IQ) are basically the same, would just a controller get me the 19MPH, that speed code 4, IQ does?

CartTrader

TahoeDawgZ71 03-23-2013 12:18 PM

Re: Regen vs IQ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CartTrader (Post 856582)
Any specific controller? If the motors (Regen & IQ) are basically the same, would just a controller get me the 19MPH, that speed code 4, IQ does?

CartTrader

Honest answer........ I have no idea. I don't mess with this system. I tear them out and replace them with IQ. Too hard to work on, too problematic, too much of a headache. But I know people have done it. I'm just not one of them. Sorry I can't help you more, but I really don't which controller to use.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.