lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Default your thoughts?

Hi i was wondering if you could tell me what motor controller combo i should be buying fo my golf cart application? I have 2 options

1) 2008 club car ds 48 volt its stock, but will have tires lift rear seat


2) 1997 ezgo txt 36 volt it has lift kit big tires and rear seat


which ever i buy will be for hunting purposes ,fields and small hills. Ive heard if you buy ezgo make sure its a pds,but if im buying new motor and controller anyway it should matter how old the unit is anyway? am i correct on that thinking? In other words is the 48volt so superior i shouldnt even consider the 36 volt or wont it matter after new motor and controller?

Thanks for your reply,John
jdubb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,079
Default Re: your thoughts?

duplicate post
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 912
Default Re: your thoughts?

Some will say ezgo all the way but I am not an ezgo fan, probably because I have only owned club cars. So I will not comment on that. However, I would absolutely favor a 48 volt system over 36 for extra performance. You will get higher speed/torque and longer run times.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,079
Default Re: your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
Some will say ezgo all the way but I am not an ezgo fan, probably because I have only owned club cars. So I will not comment on that. However, I would absolutely favor a 48 volt system over 36 for extra performance. You will get higher speed/torque and longer run times.
The slowest carts I ever owned was a pair of 48v 95 DS. Are you referring to a 36v motor running on 48 volts, maybe?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Totally Wild
 
rifter's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 3,775
Default Re: your thoughts?

I've built MANY!! carts, by that I mean installing engine upgrades and complete custom engine installs, this is in all of the cart brands EZGO, Club Car, Columbia/Par car, Yamaha, the best two to work on are Yamaha and EZGO, next would be Columbia and last would be Club Car. Yamaha and Columbia have the strongest frames, EZGO is the easiest to work on, I don't care for Club Car for several reasons, Counter rotation, Aluminum frames cracking always sooner or later. Some folks love them, I don't, just my opinion.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 912
Default Re: your thoughts?

Yea Scotty I was referring to 48 volts not the year of the cart he was looking at. Besides he is looking at a 2008 not a 95
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,079
Default Re: your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
Yea Scotty I was referring to 48 volts not the year of the cart he was looking at. Besides he is looking at a 2008 not a 95
2008 is a Precedent.
Alltrax's tech support tells me 80% help line calls are for Club Car problems, 20% of the calls are all other brands. That on-board computer and that MCOR gotta go! 4/12v batteries in a bathtub!? Please, give me an Ezgo.
I suppose if all you ever knew was CC you would be a CC fan ....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rancho Murieta, CA
Posts: 83
Default Re: your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
2008 is a Precedent.
Alltrax's tech support tells me 80% help line calls are for Club Car problems, 20% of the calls are all other brands. That on-board computer and that MCOR gotta go! 4/12v batteries in a bathtub!? Please, give me an Ezgo.
I suppose if all you ever knew was CC you would be a CC fan ....
Just chiming in here...

I picked the Precedent because of the independent suspension primarily. Thought that would have a better ride...

But Scotty, you say the OBC and MCOR gotta go. How would we do that? I've been thinking I'd like to replace the MCOR with some other type of device but haven't figured out what I could do just yet. Any concepts you're thinking of that you'd like to share?

Besides selling it obviously

7CLUB
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rancho Murieta, CA
Posts: 83
Default Re: your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
2008 is a Precedent.
Alltrax's tech support tells me 80% help line calls are for Club Car problems, 20% of the calls are all other brands. That on-board computer and that MCOR gotta go! 4/12v batteries in a bathtub!? Please, give me an Ezgo.
I suppose if all you ever knew was CC you would be a CC fan ....
That 80% statistic surprises me because when I call them about a Precedent question they seem to always pause and have to look it up and then say "they think" such and such. Doesn't seem like they have it down pat.

Not criticizing Alltrax Support, don't get me wrong. They're awesome. Just seems like the Precedent questions are rare for them to handle when I speak to them...
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 912
Default Re: your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
2008 is a Precedent.
Alltrax's tech support tells me 80% help line calls are for Club Car problems, 20% of the calls are all other brands. That on-board computer and that MCOR gotta go! 4/12v batteries in a bathtub!? Please, give me an Ezgo.
I suppose if all you ever knew was CC you would be a CC fan ....
Could it be that 80% is for club cars because there market is 80% club car? Think about it.

I do not disagree with the obc and 12 volt bats they need to go. C

As far as the mcor problems? Put a new mcor in and thise problems go away with jerky starts.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
speakers and thoughts... Electric Club Car
'96 CC - Thoughts Electric Club Car
Thoughts on an EZ Go TXT Electric EZGO
Any Thoughts on G2 ? Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.