lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Default Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

What's the best price anyone has found from a dealer for purchasing Speed Code 4? I am going to have a local technician put the code in for me for free, but I need to purchase the code from Club Car. I have heard the price dealers charge varies greatly from $50 to $200 for the code.

Thanks
dvrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrice View Post
What's the best price anyone has found from a dealer for purchasing Speed Code 4? I am going to have a local technician put the code in for me for free, but I need to purchase the code from Club Car. I have heard the price dealers charge varies greatly from $50 to $200 for the code.

Thanks
From what I know, Club Car will only provide the speed code 4 to authorized Club Car dealers (which the local CC dealer pays for . . it's not free). They "build" the code from a combination of your cart's serial number and the serial number of the controller. My local CC dealer charges $100 for their "speed package", which includes the speed code 4 and adjusting a couple of other parameters in the controller for performance. . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

Yes, I agree but my understanding is that Club Car dealers will sell the code and let you put the code in yourself if you have access to a hand held.

Also, it looks like there is a big disparity in what the different authorized dealers charge for this code, anywhere from $50 to $200.

I was curious if anyone had the name of a dealer that charges closer to the $50 so I could call them and purchase.

If no one knows of one, then I will just start calling dealers until I find a good price then post it!
dvrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrice View Post
Yes, I agree but my understanding is that Club Car dealers will sell the code and let you put the code in yourself if you have access to a hand held.

Also, it looks like there is a big disparity in what the different authorized dealers charge for this code, anywhere from $50 to $200.

I was curious if anyone had the name of a dealer that charges closer to the $50 so I could call them and purchase.

If no one knows of one, then I will just start calling dealers until I find a good price then post it!

. . . I have not heard of that, but it could be true for some dealers . . my local dealer won't order a code unless you bring your cart in for them to verify the numbers so they don't get a bad code because of a customer providing wrong info to them . . . haven't asked them if they would sell me the codes . . my guess is that CC probably charges the dealer about $50 for the codes and the dealer in turn, slaps on his "profit" . . . Tahoe probably knows what CC actually charges dealers for the code 4 . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

I hope I can do it this way because a technician at a local golf course has the hand held and put in the code for free, but the nearest Club Car authorized dealer is over 100 miles away for me.
dvrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rancho Murieta, CA
Posts: 83
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

My experience was with Nick's Custom Carts in Roseville, CA. You can either bring the cart in or give them your serial # off your cart. They have to contact CC and purchase the code. Once they got it, they set up an appointment date to come out and install the code.

When I called they charge me $100 plus tax for the code purchase. I think it took a couple days to get the code from CC and once they received it they came out, hooked up their handheld and installed it. So total price was about $108. I think that's the normal price... $99.00 or so.

I don't think there are any short cuts or tricks to get it cheaper or get around the dealer installing it but as shown in some of my posts, I don't know everything! haha Also, if you can be there when they install the code, you can make a few choices with regard to some settings. I'd recommend you do that. Otherwise, you'll have regen braking set higher or lower than you want, etc.

Happy Carting!

7CLUB
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rancho Murieta, CA
Posts: 83
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrice View Post
I hope I can do it this way because a technician at a local golf course has the hand held and put in the code for free, but the nearest Club Car authorized dealer is over 100 miles away for me.
If this tech has ever installed a code before, he should know that the code must be purchased by an authorized dealer. He should know how to purchase it if he knows how to install it. Let us know how it works out.

7CLUB
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Getting Wild
 
Dadog70's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 94
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

I live in Southern Illinois and the local club cart dealer charges $120. said it only takes them a few minutes to update.

Reading 7club post I was confused (witch doesn't take much when dealing with carts) about Regen braking set higher or lower.

I am taking my cart this week and didn't know anything about Regen adjusting so the question is do I want more or less?
Dadog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rancho Murieta, CA
Posts: 83
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadog70 View Post
I live in Southern Illinois and the local club cart dealer charges $120. said it only takes them a few minutes to update.

Reading 7club post I was confused (witch doesn't take much when dealing with carts) about Regen braking set higher or lower.

I am taking my cart this week and didn't know anything about Regen adjusting so the question is do I want more or less?
The only way I found that out was because I had them install the code on a day I wasn't home. I noticed a speed gain which was cool but the regen braking was very strong and I didn't like it. But I didn't know it could be adjusted.

Then, a few months later I was considering new batteries and they came back out and tested all of my batteries and I was able to be there that day. In talking with the tech, I mentioned the braking and he said he would adjust that for me if I preferred less braking. So he hooked up his handheld and punched a few buttons and it was done! I prefer NO regen braking myself but if younger drivers use your cart, you may prefer some braking. But lighter is better than max to me!
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #10
Getting Wild
 
Dadog70's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 94
Default Re: Best Price for Purchasing Speed Code 4?

7club thanks for breaking that down for me I have never read that nor been told that and last thing I want to do is to try to make the cart faster but to only shoot myself in the foot.
Dadog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to get speed code Electric Club Car
Speed Code 4 ??? Electric Club Car
Speed code 4? Electric Club Car
Speed code 4 ? Electric Club Car
IQ controller w/speed code 4 Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.