lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Gone Wild
 
Xact1's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 384
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

KtownCC,

Nice work...it reminds me of my rebuild.

Keep the pics coming, we like 'em!
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
Gone Wild
 
CRK's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 490
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

looking good! nice color too
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #23
Not Yet Wild
 
KtownCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

Well, I did a little cleanup and painting on the chassis while I had the body off then I bolted everything back together. It is coming together pretty well, I am still waiting on the windshield. I am going to replace the floormat and get the vinyl replaced and then I will be finished for the time being.

Next thing (if anything) will probably be a motor/controller upgrade. It actually runs pretty well, so I may just leave it alone and worry about the next cart....







KtownCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #24
Not Yet Wild
 
KtownCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

Here is with everything back together:







And with the tow rig... I am looking at some of those Vegas hub caps, they look like they will match pretty well.

KtownCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

nice work!
gatorsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #26
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,866
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

That's a very nice looking cart... Excellent work!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #27
Getting Wild
 
Zenzilla's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 137
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
That's a very nice looking cart... Excellent work!
Looking sharp
Zenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #28
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 22
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

Man, now I'm really behind!
glull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtownCC View Post
Well, I did a little cleanup and painting on the chassis while I had the body off then I bolted everything back together. It is coming together pretty well, I am still waiting on the windshield. I am going to replace the floormat and get the vinyl replaced and then I will be finished for the time being.

Next thing (if anything) will probably be a motor/controller upgrade. It actually runs pretty well, so I may just leave it alone and worry about the next cart....







Hello again,

Looks like you are well on your way to completing your cart...congrats! Judging by one of the pictures you took the rear end out and serviced/painted it. What type of rear end oil is recommended on these carts?

Also, how do you wire the lights? I understand if you run a RED from one battery and a BLACK from a different battery up the the fuse block it works the same as wiring any 12V accessory on a normal vehicle. Does this makes sense?

Thanks...Scott
sch151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #30
Not Yet Wild
 
KtownCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Default Re: Bringing 81 DS Back To Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch151 View Post
Hello again,

Looks like you are well on your way to completing your cart...congrats! Judging by one of the pictures you took the rear end out and serviced/painted it. What type of rear end oil is recommended on these carts?
75/90, 80/90 or GL-5, synthetic or not. Any of these will work fine, basically any standard weight gear lube should suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch151 View Post
Also, how do you wire the lights? I understand if you run a RED from one battery and a BLACK from a different battery up the the fuse block it works the same as wiring any 12V accessory on a normal vehicle. Does this makes sense?

Thanks...Scott
I am going to get a voltage reducer but for now I just wired them to the positive on battery #1 and the neg on battery #2, works fine. I am not planning on using the lights much so it would probably be fine as is but I am going to do the reducer in case I get a radio.
KtownCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
She's breathing fire again, back to life! Gas Club Car
help me!! bring my ez go back to life 36 volt Electric EZGO
bring batteries back to life dont replace Electric EZGO
Can batteries be brought back to life? Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.