lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hackberry Creek CC
Posts: 12
Default I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

I just bought a 2002 DS the Serial number is 7F0210. How do I make it go faster? I have read where you by a chip. I think mine is the IQ it has a Tow and run switch under the seat. Any help would be appreciated.
billwmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
CartTrader's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Posts: 887
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

How fast does it go now? For me the fastest and easiest way was with a speed magnet install.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwmore View Post
I just bought a 2002 DS the Serial number is 7F0210. How do I make it go faster? I have read where you by a chip. I think mine is the IQ it has a Tow and run switch under the seat. Any help would be appreciated.

EZGO's have a "speed chip" . . . CC's do not . . . a CC IQ can be programmed to speed code 4 (about 19mph) by CC dealer at a cost of about $100 or so . . or you can install the aforementioned "magnet" . . . among other more expensive mods . . . how deep are your pockets? . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,910
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

Look at your serial number again. If it's an IQ, it should read AQxxxx-xxxxxx.
The two numbers after the AQ is the year and the following two the month.
Do you have a rocker switch or a shift lever?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
Gone Wild
 
CartTrader's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Posts: 887
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

Jakesake27.......7Fxxxx means it is a silver CC reconditioned IQ cart. It is an IQ cart. I have a 7Axxxx cart it is also a Silver CC reconditioned cart. I don;t know what the difference between a 7A and a 7F is but they are both IQ carts.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,910
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Jakesake27.......7Fxxxx means it is a silver CC reconditioned IQ cart. It is an IQ cart. I have a 7Axxxx cart it is also a Silver CC reconditioned cart. I don;t know what the difference between a 7A and a 7F is but they are both IQ carts.

CartTrader
Ok cool.
I did not know that...
Thanks
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

. . . the 7A designation is for a reman 48v Golf Car . . . the 7F designation is for a reman 48v IQ . . . possibly the 7A designation was in place prior to the introduction of the IQ cart, and CC decided to start a new IQ specific designation 7F . . . Jakesnake's cart may have been reman'd just prior to the new designation . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,910
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . the 7A designation is for a reman 48v Golf Car . . . the 7F designation is for a reman 48v IQ . . . possibly the 7A designation was in place prior to the introduction of the IQ cart, and CC decided to start a new IQ specific designation 7F . . . Jakesnake's cart may have been reman'd just prior to the new designation . . .
Steve, my cart is not remanufactured, mine is AQxxxx.
But bills cart has been remanned...
I had never heard of a reman cart before, and I didn't know they changed the serial when they did it...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hackberry Creek CC
Posts: 12
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

I drove it yesterday and it went 15 mph according to GPS
I will using this to play golf and roam the neighborhood. I just bought a Magnet from Amazon. Any other suggestions to get the speed up?
It also seems to be sluggish going up hills. The batteries are Aug 2010, Exide. Should I look at replacing them as well?
Thanks
Bill
billwmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Steve, my cart is not remanufactured, mine is AQxxxx.
But bills cart has been remanned...
I had never heard of a reman cart before, and I didn't know they changed the serial when they did it...
. . . my bad . . meant to say that to CartTrader . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
club car 2002, faster, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to make my G16 go Faster? Gas Yamaha
can i make it faster? Electric EZGO
I just bought 06 exgo electric, faster ? Electric EZGO
91 CC 36v how can i make it go faster? Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.