lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
B_Alford2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MS
Posts: 86
Default mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

I have a 2006 club car precedent and I was going to replace my mcor because of the jerky/surging acceleration. I went and got a mcor from a local club car dealer and it was the wrong one, the receipt had the correct part number on it but it was the wrong part. I took it back up there and they realized it was the wrong one and they said all I needed was a mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit. It comes with the mcor3 and wire harness. The mcor3 is alot smaller than my original mcor. What exactly do I have because I've never heard of this and will this work on my cart?
B_Alford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,861
Default Re: mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Alford2 View Post
I have a 2006 club car precedent and I was going to replace my mcor because of the jerky/surging acceleration. I went and got a mcor from a local club car dealer and it was the wrong one, the receipt had the correct part number on it but it was the wrong part. I took it back up there and they realized it was the wrong one and they said all I needed was a mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit. It comes with the mcor3 and wire harness. The mcor3 is alot smaller than my original mcor. What exactly do I have because I've never heard of this and will this work on my cart?
Wow, I did not even know there were different MCOR versions.
I will be watching this post.

This question is right up TahoeDawgZ71's alley...
jakesnake27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,960
Default Re: mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

It's the latest and greatest (cheapest) MCOR version yet! Tell them that's BS. The Precedent MCOR is still available. It's only the DS MCOR that's been superceded by the MCOR3 as far as service parts ordering is concerned. The original Precedent MCOR is still available through service parts department for the simple fact that the generation 1 pedal group (such as yours if it's original) is not adaptable to an MCOR3. Only the 2nd gen that came out around 2008 or so can use it. Tell them you want a "103327901" and if they can't deliver, call another dealer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
croc1's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Default Re: mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

where is the best place to purchase a new mcor 3 2nd gen part number 103850401
croc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,960
Default Re: mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by croc1 View Post
where is the best place to purchase a new mcor 3 2nd gen part number 103850401
You shouldn't have to "Purchase" an MCOR 3 for a Precedent yet. They've not been out long enough for the warranty to be expired. Get a dealer to fix it under warranty if it's bad. If you're replacing a bad MCOR on a car that no longer has a warranty I highly suggest going back with the original style Precedent MCOR that is already on it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
croc1's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Default Re: mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

Thank you Tahoe... what is the warranty on the mcor? I have an 09 Precedent .. I did not purchase it new, i bought it second hand would it still be covered?
croc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
Getting Wild
 
B_Alford2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MS
Posts: 86
Default Re: mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

On my THIRD visit to the dealer I told the guy that I wanted the original MCOR that came on my cart or my money back, they told me they would have to order it and I told them thats fine but to send it to my house cause I wasnt making another trip up there. Got my original MCOR and everything works perfect.
B_Alford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,960
Default Re: mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by croc1 View Post
Thank you Tahoe... what is the warranty on the mcor? I have an 09 Precedent .. I did not purchase it new, i bought it second hand would it still be covered?
Three Years. No your car is not covered for two reasons. One, it's second hand, two, it's over three years old.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,960
Default Re: mcor2 to mcor3 conversion kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Alford2 View Post
On my THIRD visit to the dealer I told the guy that I wanted the original MCOR that came on my cart or my money back, they told me they would have to order it and I told them thats fine but to send it to my house cause I wasnt making another trip up there. Got my original MCOR and everything works perfect.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear (except the going three times part).
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Conversion Electric EZGO
85 CC HEI conversion Gas Club Car
04 PDS AC conversion On Road Golf Carts!
AC conversion in CC On Road Golf Carts!
ds conversion 4(12) to 6(8) Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.