lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
evorob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: E. Washington
Posts: 84
Default Buying 1987 36V Deal Or No Deal

I'm picking up a 1987 36V CC DS tomorrow morning, & it seems to be in beautiful shape, besides the fact it needs new batteries...
Getting it for $150
Deal or no deal?

http://kpr.craigslist.org/mcy/3805557219.html
evorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 31
Default Re: Buying 1987 36V Deal Or No Deal

It looks real good for the money IMHO
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Getting Wild
 
evorob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: E. Washington
Posts: 84
Default Re: Buying 1987 36V Deal Or No Deal

Not sure what I want to do with it....
Convert to twin?
Just put new batteries in it?
48V swap?

Cart in my avatar.... bought it just as in photo for $750, put $150 in it, & sold it for $2200 about a month ago..
But really don't want to go without a cart over the winter... So I figure I could have this cart going, with an enclosure on it by the time it gets cold here (November)
For those of you that know me, I use my GOLF CART for GOLFING ONLY....
I know... I know... pretty lame compared to the AMAZING rides that are built on here.. but that's what I do..
Play on average 3x per week, & course is mostly flat (if I can keep it on the fairway)
Would like my cart to be faster than the rentals, but doesn't need to be a speed demon.. Just want reliable, & long lasting.. (17+ MPH would be PLENTY)
Anyone have some ideas?
evorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,862
Default Re: Buying 1987 36V Deal Or No Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorob View Post
I'm picking up a 1987 36V CC DS tomorrow morning, & it seems to be in beautiful shape, besides the fact it needs new batteries...
Getting it for $150
Deal or no deal?

http://kpr.craigslist.org/mcy/3805557219.html
Holy smokes, DEAL!
$200 is an excellent price, let alone $150.
I would convert it to a 48v solid state system with a scottyb kit.
Since you're getting it for $150, you will have PLENTY of extra money to throw into it...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
Getting Wild
 
evorob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: E. Washington
Posts: 84
Default Re: Buying 1987 36V Deal Or No Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Holy smokes, DEAL!
$200 is an excellent price, let alone $150.
I would convert it to a 48v solid state system with a scottyb kit.
Since you're getting it for $150, you will have PLENTY of extra money to throw into it...
Ya, I'm waiting patiently for a Scotty sighting & opinion..
I just think that might be a little overkill for golfing only?
evorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,862
Default Re: Buying 1987 36V Deal Or No Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorob View Post
Ya, I'm waiting patiently for a Scotty sighting & opinion..
I just think that might be a little overkill for golfing only?
Yeah, I guess just for golfing, a 36v resistor cart will probably be just fine.
But a solid state system will get you longer run times and speed probably.
I don't know a lot about this stuff, but Scotty sure does...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
Getting Wild
 
evorob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: E. Washington
Posts: 84
Default Re: Buying 1987 36V Deal Or No Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Yeah, I guess just for golfing, a 36v resistor cart will probably be just fine.
But a solid state system will get you longer run times and speed probably.
I don't know a lot about this stuff, but Scotty sure does...
I think his parents must have rolled him around in a golf cart instead of a stroller??

Where you at Scotty!!
evorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
96 Value-Did I get a bad deal? Electric Club Car
A deal for someone Electric Club Car
Deal of the day Hunting and Fishing Supplies
Got a deal....I think! Electric Club Car
Deal or No Deal ? Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.