lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
Not Yet Wild
 
zx104u2nv's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 73
Default Re: DOT approved windshield question????

I know I'm not in the same county, but what's it worth I'll tell you this process for me couldn't have been any easier. I made it a lot harder then what it was. Just fill out the paperwork, don't add anything else on the paper that they don't ask for and if you don't have receipts for something just say it was already on the cart when you bought it. I did this with most of my items because they were bought online and I didn't have a receipt stamped PAID. Also, I took my cart to a truck stop to be weighed, also very easily done and quick. Make sure you ask for 2 copies so you can keep one.
One final note, make sure you're ready to get insurance on the spot and they will also give you a tag then. I just called up USAA while I was in the DMV and they faxed a paper over saying I now had insurance. The whole inspection process from start to finish for me was less than 30 min and I was out the door with a tagged and street legal LSV.
There are a couple of other threads in the forum that list out details and helped me so whatever I can do to help the next person I don't mind.
You can also message me if you need. I don't check this everyday so be patient if you do have a question. I hope this helps. :-)
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: DOT approved windshield question????

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
I know I'm not in the same county, but what's it worth I'll tell you this process for me couldn't have been any easier. I made it a lot harder then what it was. Just fill out the paperwork, don't add anything else on the paper that they don't ask for and if you don't have receipts for something just say it was already on the cart when you bought it. I did this with most of my items because they were bought online and I didn't have a receipt stamped PAID. Also, I took my cart to a truck stop to be weighed, also very easily done and quick. Make sure you ask for 2 copies so you can keep one.
One final note, make sure you're ready to get insurance on the spot and they will also give you a tag then. I just called up USAA while I was in the DMV and they faxed a paper over saying I now had insurance. The whole inspection process from start to finish for me was less than 30 min and I was out the door with a tagged and street legal LSV.
There are a couple of other threads in the forum that list out details and helped me so whatever I can do to help the next person I don't mind.
You can also message me if you need. I don't check this everyday so be patient if you do have a question. I hope this helps. :-)
Thanks for that response. yes, I think i am overthinking the whole thing. I received the paperwork today in the mail, going to fill it out, get the cart weighed and take my chances. What is the worst that can happen, they will tell me to change something or get more paperwork. I will post how it goes, thanks again.
Billygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: S. Fl
Posts: 237
Default Re: DOT approved windshield question????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billygoat View Post
Thanks for that response. yes, I think i am overthinking the whole thing. I received the paperwork today in the mail, going to fill it out, get the cart weighed and take my chances. What is the worst that can happen, they will tell me to change something or get more paperwork. I will post how it goes, thanks again.
There is another place right by the truck stop called U Pull it, its a junk yard. A guy told me that he went there and it was real easy access and cost about 10 dollars but he didnít remember exactly the price. U Pull It is right next to the 595 Truck Stop.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #24
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: DOT approved windshield question????

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
There is another place right by the truck stop called U Pull it, its a junk yard. A guy told me that he went there and it was real easy access and cost about 10 dollars but he didnít remember exactly the price. U Pull It is right next to the 595 Truck Stop.
I know where that is thanks. I heard today, the stone place on Hammerville Road does it also and they are just down the street from my work so it looks like I might try there. I will drive by there on Monday and check it out if I get a chance and keep you posted.
Billygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windshield question . . . Electric EZGO
Large DOT Approved Tires Tomberlin
Club Car DS sport windshield question? Electric Club Car
Folding windshield question Gas Club Car
Windshield question Design Center


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.