lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,874
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I don't see how a resistor cart can work with one solenoid. Something has to switch in the different coils to control the motor power.
I think the v-glide does this.
There are 5 or 6 wires coming from the v glide to the resistor coils.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #12
Gone Wild
 
CartTrader's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Posts: 887
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Ok guys, thanks. Keep up the opinions.
Question: Don't some resistor carts have 4 or 5 solenoids? This one just has 1.

The v-glide resistor carts only have 1 solenoid. The older style resistor carts had the 5 solenoids. The v-glide cart has a much smoother take off than the multi solenoid carts. I have a couple of them too. But in the process of selling them now.
CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,874
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
The v-glide resistor carts only have 1 solenoid. The older style resistor carts had the 5 solenoids. The v-glide cart has a much smoother take off than the multi solenoid carts. I have a couple of them too. But in the process of selling them now.
CartTrader
Awesome, so there really isn't much to go wrong with this thing.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
Gone Wild
 
CartTrader's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Posts: 887
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Do you notice a range difference from a controller cart?
Even if the resistors are inefficient, who cares if there is no range difference...right?
I wonder if batteries have a shorter lifespan in a resistor cart???
Lifespan will be the same as a controller cart as long as they are kept up. My 91 cart currently have batteries I bought in 2007 and still hold a decent charge. AND by the way they are Sam's Club batteries.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
Gone Wild
 
golf cart man's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 708
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

A while back I had one of these resistor carts. It had a v-glide and several wires in different colors that connected to the resistor panel. It was a very good cart, sold it for a 99. Only reason was because the 99 has a controller and I wanted to do some upgrades. In addition to my 99 I also have a 85 club car with 5 solenoids which i have only had for a few months. I am in the process of rebuilding it but thinking about it I too remember my resistor and v-glide cart being much smoother than the 5 solenoid 85 I have now. The good thing about these carts is if something goes wrong it wont usually be expensive to fix like the newer carts.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #16
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,874
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
A while back I had one of these resistor carts. It had a v-glide and several wires in different colors that connected to the resistor panel. It was a very good cart, sold it for a 99. Only reason was because the 99 has a controller and I wanted to do some upgrades. In addition to my 99 I also have a 85 club car with 5 solenoids which i have only had for a few months. I am in the process of rebuilding it but thinking about it I too remember my resistor and v-glide cart being much smoother than the 5 solenoid 85 I have now. The good thing about these carts is if something goes wrong it wont usually be expensive to fix like the newer carts.
Yes, exactly, this cart has i think an orange, blue, white, and some other wires going from the v-glide to the resistor coils.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
Gone Wild
 
CartTrader's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Posts: 887
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Awesome, so there really isn't much to go wrong with this thing.
Other than the solenoid going bad and or v-glide wearing out they are pretty much bullet proof. Again depending on how you take care of them.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
Gone Wild
 
golf cart man's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 708
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

yes thats the same one I had I think mine was a 95? It was a really good cart! honestly I never had a problem with it at all that I can remember. The 94 you are looking at from the picture looks really clean. It is a good deal in my area even with tons of carts for sale. I know you said the guy will take $800 but maybe off $700 to sweeten the deal. The worst he could say is no
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #19
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,874
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Other than the solenoid going bad and or v-glide wearing out they are pretty much bullet proof. Again depending on how you take care of them.

CartTrader
You can get new contacts for the v-glide right?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,874
Default Re: 1994 Resistor cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
yes thats the same one I had I think mine was a 95? It was a really good cart! honestly I never had a problem with it at all that I can remember. The 94 you are looking at from the picture looks really clean. It is a good deal in my area even with tons of carts for sale. I know you said the guy will take $800 but maybe off $700 to sweeten the deal. The worst he could say is no
I may have to offer him 7.
His original price was $850.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
help cart died marathon 1994 Electric EZGO
Troubleshooting Help 1994 DS Club Car Cart Gas Club Car
1994 cart Quits, wont run Gas Club Car
1994 Yamaha G8 gas cart Golf Carts and Parts
1994 ez go gas golf cart Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.