lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #11
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 155
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Yeah putting 10" wheels, a 6" lift , back seat on 36v so figure it might need some help to get it peppy again. How much can I expect to pay for a good solenoid?
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 5
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

To answer all the questions, yes I would like to lift it and put a rear seat on it. my expectations are not huge I would like it to pull moderate hills with 4 people in it and achieve reasonable speed. the most important thing is range. I would like to be able to travel from my house in laws house on gravel roads (less than a mile round trip) I will change the solenoid, they are less than 50 bucks. I will look around for a 48v charger with or without a v plug. I can convert anything, receptacle or end on charger. are these reasonable expectations from this thing or should I sell it and get a controller cart?
cobblestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 441
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Not an expert here, but all of my research indicates almost certain failure adding all of these elements together without ditching the resistors.


Quote:
lift it and put a rear seat on it. my expectations are not huge I would like it to pull moderate hills with 4 people in it and achieve reasonable speed. the most important thing is range
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
Gone Wild
 
CartTrader's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Posts: 887
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblestone View Post
To answer all the questions, yes I would like to lift it and put a rear seat on it. my expectations are not huge I would like it to pull moderate hills with 4 people in it and achieve reasonable speed. the most important thing is range. I would like to be able to travel from my house in laws house on gravel roads (less than a mile round trip) I will change the solenoid, they are less than 50 bucks. I will look around for a 48v charger with or without a v plug. I can convert anything, receptacle or end on charger. are these reasonable expectations from this thing or should I sell it and get a controller cart?
Any cart with 4 people on it will strain it. What do you consider a moderate hill? And how long is the hill? One other thing I would do is go to at least 4 gauge cables. That in itself will make a big difference in what it would be able to do. I have taken mine for over 5 miles round trip without problems. But then again I am on decent roads with minimal hills. I have taken mine with 2 people on it up hill that was around a 30 degree grade on dirt and grass for over 100 yds. It didn't have a problem. Not real fast mind you and at that time I was only using 6 gauge cables. They were quite warm by the time I got to the top!! Also bear in mind that larger tires are also going to put even more strain on everything.

CartTrader

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #15
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 155
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Have you considered perhaps a motor swap to get you more power? I myselfl was looking into the PLum Quick Bandit motor for just over $200 for a 36v motor seems like a deal offering 20% improvement speed/torq
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #16
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 441
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Your going to need a 36v core to get a 36v bandit. They told me the 36v cores are rarely available.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #17
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 5
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

The hills I am talking about are 15%or so. The amount of time that we will have 4 people on hills will be small. the commute from house to house is flat on smooth roads. it sounds like I will be ok if I use my head.
beau, I'm not quite sure what you are talking about??
cobblestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 441
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Quote:
beau, I'm not quite sure what you are talking about??
Quote:
Have you considered perhaps a motor swap to get you more power? I myselfl was looking into the PLum Quick Bandit motor for just over $200 for a 36v motor seems like a deal offering 20% improvement speed/torq
Sorry bout that, was referring to this post.

There has been talk of a core not being required to get a plum quick bandit motor, just pay an additional 30 dollars. When I inquired, I was told I had to send my 36v motor in as they rarely have 36v motor cores. seems they are the desirable ones.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 155
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Yeah I talked to nice guy at plum quick and he told me I have to send in my motor. I guess it's not a huge deal compared to buying a new one for over $500.
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 441
Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Quote:
The Bandit 48 volt series motors will work on any 48 volt series Club Car 10 spline...............this is the same bolt and spline set up going back to the mid 80's. I have a huge stock of these motors, $225.00 plus a $30.00 core charge and you keep your core or send in your motor and save the $30.00 core charge..........you'll find it cost more to ship me your motor than the core charge.
This post from PlumQuick in another thread is what put this idea in my head. Yes, I know it clearly states 48v.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
36v to 48v system ?, resistor car, solenoid?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
1990 Club car With flat head Rev limiter question and govenor question Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.