lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
Gone Wild
 
gumpbuck's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tampa Bay area
Posts: 220
Default Green Fog lamps

For all you hunters,
I'm always told that green lamps do not spook game as bad as normal ones. So I wanted some green lamps for my hunting cart. I purchased normal fog lamps and the ordered H3 type LEDs from Ebay. Here's some pics of how they turned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (114.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (209.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (100.8 KB, 0 views)
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

v ery cool
SCLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
arcedout's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Swamp East Missouri
Posts: 190
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

I'd be interested in doing this eventually, I need too get camo wrap and some paint done first tho and I'm already way over bugdet! How much do you have tied up in the lights?
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
gumpbuck's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tampa Bay area
Posts: 220
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcedout View Post
I'd be interested in doing this eventually, I need too get camo wrap and some paint done first tho and I'm already way over bugdet! How much do you have tied up in the lights?
$19.98 for lamps from Wal-Mart automotive department. The lamps take an H3 type bulb. Only way to get green is to go with LEDs. Found them on Ebay for about $11.00, with free shipping. It was very easy to switch them out. The lamp kit comes with a switch and all the wiring needed. I already had LEDs on the cart, so I just swapped the lapms and did not need the wiring.

You'll spend more on the camo wrap. Which BTW, was a two man job. The wife pitched in for me and we spent about 4 hours wrapping the cart.
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Dazed & Confused
 
crash test dummy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Z-HELLS FL
Posts: 14,028
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

budget ? really ?
crash test dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
arcedout's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Swamp East Missouri
Posts: 190
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpbuck View Post
$19.98 for lamps from Wal-Mart automotive department. The lamps take an H3 type bulb. Only way to get green is to go with LEDs. Found them on Ebay for about $11.00, with free shipping. It was very easy to switch them out. The lamp kit comes with a switch and all the wiring needed. I already had LEDs on the cart, so I just swapped the lapms and did not need the wiring.

You'll spend more on the camo wrap. Which BTW, was a two man job. The wife pitched in for me and we spent about 4 hours wrapping the cart.
Thanks I will be doing this b4 bow season opens up, have you hit any trails at night to see how good those light the path for ya?
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
arcedout's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Swamp East Missouri
Posts: 190
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
budget ? really ?
Lmao well budget is just a word I use around the house with the wife, but it's just trickery or reverse psychology and is programed into my vocabulary. But ya I found out quick it will never end and the way I've made all this better for her is I've told her my next build is gonna be a gasser for her and she took that 1 hook line n sinker with a awww n big smile
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
gumpbuck's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tampa Bay area
Posts: 220
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

Only tested them around my neighborhood. I think they will be just bright enough to work. I won't be flooding the woods with green, but I should be able to make it to the stand. One option is to go with bigger LEDs. These came with 9 per bulb, but I did see ones with 13. Just make sure the lamp you choose has a big enough housing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Car-H3-LE...item4d0454df80
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Gone Wild
 
arcedout's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Swamp East Missouri
Posts: 190
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpbuck View Post
Only tested them around my neighborhood. I think they will be just bright enough to work. I won't be flooding the woods with green, but I should be able to make it to the stand. One option is to go with bigger LEDs. These came with 9 per bulb, but I did see ones with 13. Just make sure the lamp you choose has a big enough housing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Car-H3-LE...item4d0454df80
Thanks again I will look into the 13, where I hunt it's thick and some of the trails are not opened up well so in the dark it can be easy to get off the path so every bit of light I can get I'm sure I will need.... Or I can just refuse to take my friends too there stands and make them walk that will solve a lot of my problems
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
Gone Wild
 
arcedout's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Swamp East Missouri
Posts: 190
Default Re: Green Fog lamps

Especially the ones that been poking fun at me for building a golf cart instead of buying a side by side.... They will be the first 2 walk
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
All Lights Green Electric EZGO
Installing car LED fog lamps Electric EZGO
Have ? about POT LOL not the green Electric EZGO
Green Been Electric golf carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.