|08-03-2013, 10:21 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Battery light flashes
What is and or where can I find what the battery light (on the dash) flashes mean? Just saw on my cart the battery light giving a LONG flash on then off for a few seconds then flash on again. I had put it on charge yesterday. Charger has shut off like it should. I know it will flash if you unplug without it getting a full charge, but this one was new to me.
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
|08-03-2013, 10:26 PM||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: Battery light flashes
From the club car manual:
BATTERY WARNING LIGHT
When the vehicle is in operation, the warning light is controlled by the onboard computer.
• Batteries’ voltage drops below 48 volts when there is no load on the batteries (the vehicle is stopped
and there are no accessories on).
• Batteries have discharged to less than 25% of rated capacity.
If the warning light illuminates when the vehicle is operating, there will be enough power remaining to drive the
vehicle for approximately 30 minutes. However, the vehicle should be charged at the first opportunity. If the
warning light illuminates and the vehicle is unable to operate for 30 minutes, have your Club Car distributor/
dealer check the vehicle for a possible battery or electrical system problem.
When the batteries receive an incomplete charge because:
1) the DC power cord is disconnected,
2) AC power to charger is interrupted,
3) automatic charger shut-off occurs after 16 hours of operation, or
4) charger malfunctions, the warning light will indicate as follows:
• The battery warning light will not illuminate if the charge is 90% or more complete. The onboard computer
will retain in memory the amount of charge needed to replenish the batteries and will complete
the charge during the next charge cycle.
• When the charger DC cord is unplugged during a charge cycle, the battery warning light will illuminate
and remain illuminated for 10 seconds if the charge is less than 90% complete but the vehicle has
enough power for 60 minutes of operation. This will alert the fleet operator that the vehicle may be
used, but that it must be charged to completion as soon as possible.
• The battery warning light will repeatedly illuminate for 10 seconds, at 4 second intervals, if the charger
times out at 16 hours and the batteries are not sufficiently charged. This indicates an abnormal charge
cycle. The charger and batteries should be checked by your Club Car distributor/dealer.
• The battery warning light will repeatedly illuminate for 10 seconds, at 4 second intervals, during a
charge cycle (with the DC plug still connected) if AC power to the charger is interrupted. The light will
go out when AC power is restored.
• When paired with version 3.0 or later onboard computers, the battery warning light will flash quickly,
after inserting the DC plug, indicating the charger’s voltage suppressor has failed closed.
|2002 club car charger turns on then shuts off. battery light flashes?||Electric Club Car|
|2008 club car won't go and battery light flashes||Electric Club Car|
|Club car precedent battery light flashes when decelerating||Electric Club Car|
|48V Regen cart battery level light flashes...||Electric Club Car|
|Electric Club Cart - Battery Light Flashes||Electric Club Car|