lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #31
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cullman, AL/Destin, FL
Posts: 273
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

I did not have any trouble communicating with PQ, but I only called once to order my Bandit motor. The motor has far exceeded my expectations. I have an '07 Precedent (48v), with new T-875 batteries. 2 ga cables, stock controller and solenoid. 20.5" tires. Drove the cart this weekend and got the data in the photo from my GPS. The top speed was probably on a slight decline, but keep in mind this is at the beach and the roads are pretty flat. I did notice on a long flat straight away, I was at 28.36 mph.
The PQ Bandit was by far the best money I spent on my cart. I was getting 12 mph before I installed the motor. $225 for an extra 16 mph is not bad.
With that said, I may have very well gotten the same performance with other motors on the market. The PQ Bandit is the only one I have tried.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trip7.jpg (72.4 KB, 0 views)
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 66
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes350x View Post
I'd like to order the bandit but want to talk about my expectations with a new motor first.. Ill try again tomorrow.
I'm having same contact issue currently however have only heard great things about them so I will be patient as well

I recently installed their Executioner In a 2009 Club Car Precedent for a friend and everything went smooth . Cart was measured using GPS on straightaway flat asphalt at 26MPH with stock Controller and tires/wheels . New Trojans and rear seat
ProSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 66
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
I did not have any trouble communicating with PQ, but I only called once to order my Bandit motor. The motor has far exceeded my expectations. I have an '07 Precedent (48v), with new T-875 batteries. 2 ga cables, stock controller and solenoid. 20.5" tires. Drove the cart this weekend and got the data in the photo from my GPS. The top speed was probably on a slight decline, but keep in mind this is at the beach and the roads are pretty flat. I did notice on a long flat straight away, I was at 28.36 mph.
The PQ Bandit was by far the best money I spent on my cart. I was getting 12 mph before I installed the motor. $225 for an extra 16 mph is not bad.
With that said, I may have very well gotten the same performance with other motors on the market. The PQ Bandit is the only one I have tried.
Could it be the cables ? Most Bandit performance numbers are in the 21 - 22 MPH
ProSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #34
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cullman, AL/Destin, FL
Posts: 273
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSouth View Post
Could it be the cables ? Most Bandit performance numbers are in the 21 - 22 MPH
Mine was 24-25 mph prior to the cable and battery change. I think the batteries and cables got the extra mph. It was not close to what it is now prior to breaking in the new batteries.

Maybe the PQ guys will chime in. I am curious to how I am getting this amount of speed from this set up and if they get these kind of numbers often?
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #35
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 66
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
Mine was 24-25 mph prior to the cable and battery change. I think the batteries and cables got the extra mph. It was not close to what it is now prior to breaking in the new batteries.

Maybe the PQ guys will chime in. I am curious to how I am getting this amount of speed from this set up and if they get these kind of numbers often?
That's great news though , I'm waiting to hear back from them
On the Bandit set up with a 500 amp Curtis or FSIP controller
With Scottyb cables , would be an affordable speed package
For a Precedent
ProSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #36
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 148
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

Z42....did you have the controller set to speed code 4 after the motor install? Almost sounds like they dropped an executioner in your box!!! Looks like you got lucky...
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #37
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 155
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

As far as the Bandit goes do you guys notice more torque? Just wondering if this will improve my up hill drives or riding in grass or sand.
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #38
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cullman, AL/Destin, FL
Posts: 273
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider969 View Post
As far as the Bandit goes do you guys notice more torque? Just wondering if this will improve my up hill drives or riding in grass or sand.
It is not a torque motor. Mine does fine on slight inclines at the beach. It may drop down to 20 mph or so on the longer ones. At home, in North Alabama, the hills can knock it down in the mid teens.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #39
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 155
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

I'm not expecting great torque but just wondering if it offers slightly more over stock.
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #40
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 155
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade

Now I'm thinking perhaps eventually moving to 48v so wonder if getting a bandit upgrade would be a waste of money or would that sucker even run faster on 48v. More speed now and even more speed later. Dreamer??
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Plum quick motor, any one run one?? Electric Club Car
WTB Plum Quick Motor Golf Carts and Parts
Plum Quick Motor Upgrade? Electric Club Car
WTB used PDS motor - need one to go to Plum Quick Golf Carts and Parts
Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy. Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.