Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/)
-   Electric Club Car (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/)
-   -   Plum Quick Motor upgrade (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/83908-plum-quick-motor-upgrade.html)

Waverider969 08-06-2013 02:51 PM

Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
I have a spare 36v motor (still in an old CC cart I just bought for a song). I know it works fine but from outside looks all rusty. I was wondering if I send it in for a Bandit upgrade would they just use the core but put in all new insides? I wonder if an old motor is a good candidate for the upgrade if they would recondition it. I wanted to ask them. I been trying to call Plum Quick last couple days but keep getting answering machine. So thought perhaps someone here knows how things work with them.

Swan 08-06-2013 03:17 PM

Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
I get the best response from them through email .

CartTrader 08-06-2013 03:52 PM

Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waverider969 (Post 916262)
I have a spare 36v motor (still in an old CC cart I just bought for a song). I know it works fine but from outside looks all rusty. I was wondering if I send it in for a Bandit upgrade would they just use the core but put in all new insides? I wonder if an old motor is a good candidate for the upgrade if they would recondition it. I wanted to ask them. I been trying to call Plum Quick last couple days but keep getting answering machine. So thought perhaps someone here knows how things work with them.

As long as it works it will be fine and they will clean it up and paint it too!!


CartTrader

shaffer88 08-06-2013 04:57 PM

When you send it in what exactly do they do just got a quote but unsure what they do

Swan 08-06-2013 05:21 PM

Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
for how they pull most of there speed is by grinding .050 off of the armature shaft.

Waverider969 08-06-2013 05:50 PM

Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 916332)
for how the pull most of there speed is by grinding .050 off of the armature shaft.

Is that a good thing or a bad? Is it worth paying just under $300 for this upgrade? They claim it will give me 25% more speed and torque.

CartTrader 08-06-2013 06:44 PM

Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 916332)
for how the pull most of there speed is by grinding .050 off of the armature shaft.

Where did you get this info? Any idea why this gives more speed? Always been curious as what is done internally on the motor. Do they change the windings any?

Shaffer88...what did they quote you?

CartTrader

Swan 08-06-2013 07:25 PM

Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waverider969 (Post 916342)
Is that a good thing or a bad? Is it worth paying just under $300 for this upgrade? They claim it will give me 25% more speed and torque.

that is a good and that's not all they do . their going to go though the whole motor .

Swan 08-06-2013 07:29 PM

Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CartTrader (Post 916358)
Where did you get this info? Any idea why this gives more speed? Always been curious as what is done internally on the motor. Do they change the windings any?

Shaffer88...what did they quite you?

CartTrader

something to do with the clearance you are able to gain 5 to 6 mph and from what I am told its needs to be ground and not turned on a lathe.

CartTrader 08-06-2013 07:47 PM

Re: Plum Quick Motor upgrade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 916388)
something to do with the clearance you are able to gain 5 to 6 mph and from what I am told its needs to be ground and not turned on a lathe.

Thanks :thumbup:

CartTrader


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.