lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3
Default very slow up hill

I have a AA02 golf cart. I have owned it for about 18 months. It use to go up hill and when it slowed down it clicked and kinda got a second wind now it comes to a crawl and I don't hear the click. I have just put new Trojan batteries in it. I also put new cables. Same thing. She runs good on take off and on flat ground. Thanks in advance guys.
Waynelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,053
Default Re: very slow up hill

Is it a 36v cart?

Check for a broken resistor coil or bad V glide contacts
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 63
Default Re: very slow up hill

Following. Mine does the same. Put a lift and big tires on it. I just thought it was loss of torque due to the big tires. Where is the resistor and or v-glide contacts located? And how do you check them?
txstringbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: very slow up hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynelong View Post
I have a AA02 golf cart. I have owned it for about 18 months. It use to go up hill and when it slowed down it clicked and kinda got a second wind now it comes to a crawl and I don't hear the click. I have just put new Trojan batteries in it. I also put new cables. Same thing. She runs good on take off and on flat ground. Thanks in advance guys.
Welcome to BGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstringbender View Post
Following. Mine does the same. Put a lift and big tires on it. I just thought it was loss of torque due to the big tires. Where is the resistor and or v-glide contacts located? And how do you check them?
For both: Year, volts, and type of cart (series, regen, etc...) is REALLY helpful when trying to help diagnose a problem. Why a 36 volt resistor cart would do what you are describing and why a 48 volt regen cart would do this may be two different things. Post up a little more info.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 63
Default Re: very slow up hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Welcome to BGW!



For both: Year, volts, and type of cart (series, regen, etc...) is REALLY helpful when trying to help diagnose a problem. Why a 36 volt resistor cart would do what you are describing and why a 48 volt regen cart would do this may be two different things. Post up a little more info.
Sorry, a little more info would have been good. I don't mean to hijack this thread. Mine is a 97 CC DS 48volt.
txstringbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: very slow up hill

I am sorry guys. My club car is a 2002 DS 48 volt. It is stock. As for other terms I am new to golf carts so this is all I know. I have look and it is not a Regen.
Waynelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: very slow up hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynelong View Post
I am sorry guys. My club car is a 2002 DS 48 volt. It is stock. As for other terms I am new to golf carts so this is all I know. I have look and it is not a Regen.
It's all good, didn't mean to sound harsh if I did. Good info on the cart model, year, and voltage. I'm not too familiar with the 48 volt systems, but someone on here will step in with good advice before too long.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
72 volt torque monster
 
scottginfla's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sorrento, FLA
Posts: 589
Default Re: very slow up hill

Not sure what that second click could be once rolling, as your cart has one main solenoid , so after the initial click, there should not be anymore

You should check your pack voltage, and each batt individually

digital volt meters will generally find the problem
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: very slow up hill

i just checked the voltage. Keep in mind batteries had a couple mile run on them from last night. It was 50.8 stopped 48.9 flat ground WOT and 47.6 WOT up a hill.
Waynelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
slow up hill Electric Club Car
yamaha slow going up hill Electric Yamaha
G16 very slow up hill Gas Yamaha
Melex slow up hill Melex
Slow Hill Climbing Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.