lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Yellow wire from OBC?

As stated in my last post I am new here and got my first Club Car DS the other day. It needs work. I have it all figured out and working so to speak. I have a question however and hope someone here will know.... On the schematics for my unit it shows a thin yellow wire from the OBC going to the solenoid..... On my cart the yellow wire is disconnected from the solenoid just hanging there. And there is a wire that you can obviously tell was added after the fact down the line that goes from the solenoid directly to -48. The cart works but I am curious what the actual reason for this "bypass" was for and what the actual point of the yellow wire from the OBC. I have read this is a common bypass if the OBC is bad. My OBC seems to be functioning correctly as far as charging goes and such. So any ideas why this yellow wire was disconnected or what its original purpose was? Thank you for any input you have on this thread.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
72 volt torque monster
 
scottginfla's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sorrento, FLA
Posts: 589
Default Re: Yellow wire from OBC?

no expert here, but I believe the yellow wire was a ground.
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,966
Default Re: Yellow wire from OBC?

Scott is correct. It's a ground. The other wire was added to bypass the obc
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
Dazed & Confused
 
crash test dummy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Z-HELLS FL
Posts: 14,021
Default Re: Yellow wire from OBC?

if you reconnect the yellow wire and cart won't charge then OBC is bad
crash test dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,966
Default Re: Yellow wire from OBC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
if you reconnect the yellow wire and cart won't charge then OBC is bad
crash test dummy, this yellow wire doesn't have anything to do with the charging circuit. It'll charge just fine with or without it hooked up. This wire is simply for the "Solenoid Lockout" feature. The OBC does not allow the solenoid to click while the car is charging. People often unhook this wire and run a new wire to B- to allow the solenoid to get a proper ground if the solenoid lockout feature has malfunctioned. They'll still charge after this happens.

Storm S, If you reconnect the yellow wire and cart won't run then the solenoid lockout feature is bad and the OBC must be replaced to regain that feature.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
Dazed & Confused
 
crash test dummy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Z-HELLS FL
Posts: 14,021
Default Re: Yellow wire from OBC?

i see ... as always dawg has the best info ...

dave... it's the gray wire to neg to by-pass the OBC ??
crash test dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Re: Yellow wire from OBC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
crash test dummy, this yellow wire doesn't have anything to do with the charging circuit. It'll charge just fine with or without it hooked up. This wire is simply for the "Solenoid Lockout" feature. The OBC does not allow the solenoid to click while the car is charging. People often unhook this wire and run a new wire to B- to allow the solenoid to get a proper ground if the solenoid lockout feature has malfunctioned. They'll still charge after this happens.

Storm S, If you reconnect the yellow wire and cart won't run then the solenoid lockout feature is bad and the OBC must be replaced to regain that feature.
Thank you VERY much Tahoe! So the point of this yellow wire WHEN WORKING CORRECTLY is to keep someone from accidentally engaging the motor while the charger is connected. Correct?
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Yellow wire from OBC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm S View Post
Thank you VERY much Tahoe! So the point of this yellow wire WHEN WORKING CORRECTLY is to keep someone from accidentally engaging the motor while the charger is connected. Correct?
. . . correct . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Yellow wire Electric EZGO
Voltage Reducer yellow wire Electric Club Car
Yellow Light Bar? Electric Club Car
No yellow wire Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.