lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Default New to forum....alltrax question

Ive learned a lot from y'all on here so far and now I need some help.
I've got a 09 precedent, 6" madjax lift, 23" tires. I've just added a alltrax dcx600iq controller with a advanced 7hp motor. Cart runs good and has great power and torque. Of course, at top settings I was running 34 mph by GPS so I turned it down to run around 25.
My problem is #1, when in reverse it spins the wheels no matter what you do. The dealer said the have the " half reverse speed" on but that its the gears. #2 problem is the same in forward only it does not spin wheels.
My question is this, is it easy to adjust programming in the controller by me or is it best to be done a the dealer? I've researched this and thing with some changes in programming I can make this cart exactly what I wanted which is basically a "soft start" motor. (I also have a 9 year old and a wife who are not happy with the cart).
I downloaded the alltrax software and have the cable. I'm just wanting to hear if anyone has had this issue and if they have fixed it their self. The dealer said this is normal and cannot be changed. However it can be changed, they just don't know how.
Please help. Thanks
Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
cmalberto's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 154
Default Re: New to forum....alltrax question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
Ive learned a lot from y'all on here so far and now I need some help.
I've got a 09 precedent, 6" madjax lift, 23" tires. I've just added a alltrax dcx600iq controller with a advanced 7hp motor. Cart runs good and has great power and torque. Of course, at top settings I was running 34 mph by GPS so I turned it down to run around 25.
My problem is #1, when in reverse it spins the wheels no matter what you do. The dealer said the have the " half reverse speed" on but that its the gears. #2 problem is the same in forward only it does not spin wheels.
My question is this, is it easy to adjust programming in the controller by me or is it best to be done a the dealer? I've researched this and thing with some changes in programming I can make this cart exactly what I wanted which is basically a "soft start" motor. (I also have a 9 year old and a wife who are not happy with the cart).
I downloaded the alltrax software and have the cable. I'm just wanting to hear if anyone has had this issue and if they have fixed it their self. The dealer said this is normal and cannot be changed. However it can be changed, they just don't know how.
Please help. Thanks
First of all welcome to the forum. Secondly, you should be able to tweak the settings and tone it down a bit. Check the Alltrax site for instructions - you may also want to call them tomorrow. They can advise you and also walk you through the steps and settings to do it.

I am sure you get other valuable feedback from others have been through what you are going through.

Where did you get the your motor from? Just curious.

Keep us updated as to what your results are.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Default Re: New to forum....alltrax question

The motor and controller were installed at a local dealer in middle ga. I am happy with everything except the initial throttle response. I am calling alltrax tomorrow.
Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
lmswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 366
Default Re: New to forum....alltrax question

You should be able to turn the starting power from 15 down to 2 or 3
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,055
Default Re: New to forum....alltrax question

Simply select a lower throttle up rate in the program if it's on 5 go to 4 or even 3
When you get done teach your dealer how.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
kgsc's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 6,166
Default Re: New to forum....alltrax question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Simply select a lower throttle up rate in the program if it's on 5 go to 4 or even 3
When you get done teach your dealer how.
Or tell the dealer, "You remember what you told me couldn't be done ?"
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Default Re: New to forum....alltrax question

Got it fixed! Turned down to 3 and 1/2 speed reverse. Time to take it hunting now.
Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: New to forum....alltrax question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
Got it fixed! Turned down to 3 and 1/2 speed reverse. Time to take it hunting now.
. . . easy fixes are the best . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
alltrax question Electric EZGO
PQ and Alltrax question Electric Club Car
Alltrax 500 question Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.