lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Lightbulb Getting Smart.

Since I have now added a stereo, and headlights, and Neons, and a 12volt socket and all kinds of other "stuff" it has now become a task to turn the cart on and off. Solution? Bought a 48 volt relay (same exact one that is in our chargers) and wired it with the key. So now when the key is off the charger turns everything off automatically and when the key is on everything returns to its last state. There is still separate switches for everything so you have your options but just turn the key off and it all turns off. FOOL PROOF! hahahaha Wired my radio as it should be done with a 12 volt constant for memory and a 12 volt from the relay to the radio to turn it on and off like in a car. WINNING!
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lake Wylie NC area
Posts: 141
Default Re: Getting Smart.

Most of the marine head-units I use, have a battery back up for the MEM. So no need to actually have the yellow B+/MEM wired to B+. We wire all electronics through the battery switch, so all is off when the switch is off and no loss of clock and settings.
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Re: Getting Smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie_Tunes View Post
Most of the marine head-units I use, have a battery back up for the MEM. So no need to actually have the yellow B+/MEM wired to B+. We wire all electronics through the battery switch, so all is off when the switch is off and no loss of clock and settings.
I have been building custom cars for years and had lots of high end units laying around so I used a non "marine" unit. And actually if you check on that, about 80% of marine units do not have battery back up any longer. The only major difference in marine and non is there is a oil coating on the circuits to stop water damage and corrosion. Oh and they are usually an ugly white color too. lol
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,860
Default Re: Getting Smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm S View Post
Since I have now added a stereo, and headlights, and Neons, and a 12volt socket and all kinds of other "stuff" it has now become a task to turn the cart on and off. Solution? Bought a 48 volt relay (same exact one that is in our chargers) and wired it with the key. So now when the key is off the charger turns everything off automatically and when the key is on everything returns to its last state. There is still separate switches for everything so you have your options but just turn the key off and it all turns off. FOOL PROOF! hahahaha Wired my radio as it should be done with a 12 volt constant for memory and a 12 volt from the relay to the radio to turn it on and off like in a car. WINNING!
Welcome to the addiction and nice work!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lake Wylie NC area
Posts: 141
Default Re: Getting Smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm S View Post
I have been building custom cars for years and had lots of high end units laying around so I used a non "marine" unit. And actually if you check on that, about 80% of marine units do not have battery back up any longer. The only major difference in marine and non is there is a oil coating on the circuits to stop water damage and corrosion. Oh and they are usually an ugly white color too. lol
The conformal-coating is an epoxy, not oil
Out of the higher end brands, Alpine was the only one of recent years that was white. But dont worry, Alpine has dropped their marine head-unit line as they are revamping them and will soon release a whole new line.

JVC (the Prospec made one in Malibu)
Kenwood
Clarion
Sony
Rockford Fosgate (built by Prospec)
Fusion

All of the above, not white. Kicker is about ready to release a head-unit alternative with BT built in. LCD screen and it wont be white. Theres another marine audio manufacturer thats releasing a head-unit, dont think it will be white. I dont see battery backup going away, im seeing it in more models by more manufacturers. Im sure price point marine brands like Pyle and Boss audio do not use battery backup.
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Re: Getting Smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie_Tunes View Post
The conformal-coating is an epoxy, not oil
Out of the higher end brands, Alpine was the only one of recent years that was white. But dont worry, Alpine has dropped their marine head-unit line as they are revamping them and will soon release a whole new line.

JVC (the Prospec made one in Malibu)
Kenwood
Clarion
Sony
Rockford Fosgate (built by Prospec)
Fusion

All of the above, not white. Kicker is about ready to release a head-unit alternative with BT built in. LCD screen and it wont be white. Theres another marine audio manufacturer thats releasing a head-unit, dont think it will be white. I dont see battery backup going away, im seeing it in more models by more manufacturers. Im sure price point marine brands like Pyle and Boss audio do not use battery backup.
I have two boats. One has a Clarion and the other has a Pioneer unit. Neither are white correct but neither have a memory retention circuit and both are 2012 model years. Regardless none of this has anything to do with my original post.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lake Wylie NC area
Posts: 141
Default Re: Getting Smart.

10-4 chief, sorry I intruded.
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.