lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
wards75's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 141
Default 1st post...thinking of buying this>

Hey guys, been a registered member for a while...doing a lot of reading and trying to learn. I'm looking a club car to buy or build for use while hunting. So, I'll need torque for hills and carrying corn/deer and rider(s).
I ran across this cart on CL and have spoken with the owner about it. It needs batteries is all he says he's aware it needs and says its a 90's model. I tried to get him to find the I'd plate so I could get a definite on the year/model but he said he couldn't find it.
I'm nervous about getting it because I don't want to get in over my head and am scared that it will need A LOT of work.
Went last week and talked to a local cart dealer and can get a 08 CC Precedent for $1975 w/ 3 yr old batteries but its a fleet car and will need lift, tires and flip flop. He said it really didn't need anything else done to it for what I wanted (which I was confused about)
The older CC the guy wants $100 for it....I don't mind the tinkering part just unsure of the age and if it would be more economical to get the newer cart and do the upgrades myself. Initially, I was planning on buying the 1st of the year but this "Seems" like a deal...

What say you?
Thanks
-Steven
Here's the older cart:


Sent using Tapatalk 4
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Getting Wild
 
kvl1027's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sebring, FL
Posts: 123
Default Re: 1st post...thinking of buying this>

Quote:
Originally Posted by wards75 View Post
Hey guys, been a registered member for a while...doing a lot of reading and trying to learn. I'm looking a club car to buy or build for use while hunting. So, I'll need torque for hills and carrying corn/deer and rider(s).
I ran across this cart on CL and have spoken with the owner about it. It needs batteries is all he says he's aware it needs and says its a 90's model. I tried to get him to find the I'd plate so I could get a definite on the year/model but he said he couldn't find it.
I'm nervous about getting it because I don't want to get in over my head and am scared that it will need A LOT of work.
Went last week and talked to a local cart dealer and can get a 08 CC Precedent for $1975 w/ 3 yr old batteries but its a fleet car and will need lift, tires and flip flop. He said it really didn't need anything else done to it for what I wanted (which I was confused about)
The older CC the guy wants $100 for it....I don't mind the tinkering part just unsure of the age and if it would be more economical to get the newer cart and do the upgrades myself. Initially, I was planning on buying the 1st of the year but this "Seems" like a deal...

What say you?
Thanks
-Steven
Here's the older cart:


Sent using Tapatalk 4
If you buy that cart for $100 and put $1875 into it and you'll have everything you need and then some. If you buy the precedent, you'll have to spend more money to get where you need to be.

I guess there is always the risk of something structurally being wrong, but unlikely. Buy the old cart and have some fun with it! Just my opinion.
kvl1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 97
Default Re: 1st post...thinking of buying this>

I agree. You can put all the left over dollars into better upgrades.
physcoflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Getting Wild
 
wards75's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 141
Default

That's what I was leaning towards honestly..I can get some awesome upgrades for $2k...heck, my original budget I was gonna start myself off at is $3k. So I could prolly go through the whole cart and then some...new motor and all!

Anyone have an idea what year it is by looking at it? Lol..

Sent using Tapatalk 4
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Getting Wild
 
kvl1027's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sebring, FL
Posts: 123
Default Re: 1st post...thinking of buying this>

Quote:
Originally Posted by wards75 View Post
That's what I was leaning towards honestly..I can get some awesome upgrades for $2k...heck, my original budget I was gonna start myself off at is $3k. So I could prolly go through the whole cart and then some...new motor and all!

Anyone have an idea what year it is by looking at it? Lol..

Sent using Tapatalk 4
Dude, if you budget is $3K, then get the project cart. With that budget you can get everything you need and throw in a high torque motor for all of your dead carcass hauling and tree stump driving over needs.
kvl1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
Getting Wild
 
wards75's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvl1027 View Post
Dude, if you budget is $3K, then get the project cart. With that budget you can get everything you need and throw in a high torque motor for all of your dead carcass hauling and tree stump driving over needs.
Lol...I hear ya... And I was thinking the same thing too...been looking at PQ's website and doing some rough figuring. I could potentially build a monster of a cart for sure!

Thanks for the "Nudge" :D

Sent using Tapatalk 4
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
Gone Wild
 
scotter's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 259
Default Re: 1st post...thinking of buying this>

Get the serial number and figure out what year it is. Serial plate should be under dash above GO pedal and to the right.
'90's cart? Maybe early 90's like pre '93 with that thin front bumper. Looks like fiberglass body, too. Round tubing for rear roof support would be early to mid '80's? Verify the year.!!!
Lift up floor mat and inspect welds holding floor pan to rockers and welds on firewall behind front tires. Check I-beam frame forward of firewall for cracks. If it wasn't abused, these all should check out. Aluninin doesn't rust but all the fasteners do! You will be touching everything on the cart. Got the t-shirt.
I'd look for a mid to late '90's cart that needs batteries for the $500+/- range and build from there. That said, If you're a good wrencher, then a project cart is fun. Go in with your eyes open if its an older cart. Just sayin. Sorry, i hate being the wet towel. Just want you to consider all the points of view.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #8
Getting Wild
 
wards75's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 141
Default

Thanks Scotter, no rain on my parade...that's the kinda stuff I need to hear ya know. I was thinking it was a very early 90's cart by comparing pics of different carts. Hate to buy a total ground up rebuild...if I can help it!

Thanks!


Sent using Tapatalk 4
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #9
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 441
Default Re: 1st post...thinking of buying this>

That looks older than my 90. I agree w/ Scotter, she better not have been abused. The picture itself doesn't instill much confidence in that dept.

New wires, and solid state upgrade is 1k, another 6-800 for batteries. shocks, brake shoes, springs, bushings, tires and rims another 800 easy. Your closing in on 2500 bucks with no paint or custom accents which are a nut!

That said, if it all checked out, I'd give a bill for it!
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:45 AM   #10
Getting Wild
 
wards75's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 141
Default

Man...its sounding worse every minute! Lol..
Seriously though, the cart is a 2hr drive away from me and I'll have him look again for the ID plate in the location Scotter said. If he can't get it for me, I may pass. Hate to drive 2hrs there and 2hrs back with no cart!

Sent using Tapatalk 4
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Thinking about buying this Electric EZGO
thinking of buying 85 gas. help???? Gas Yamaha
Thinking of Buying This Electric Club Car
Thinking about buying a G8 Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.