lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #21
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 266
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

When I worked at a service station many years ago while in school, we were always told to fill a battery to the very bottom of the lip of the filler openings. More would be overfilling. When it reached the lip, the appearance of an inverted lens would be created. Y'all are saying to not touch those filler neck bottoms?
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #22
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

Around 9:30 last night the charger cycled off and my voltage was 52.4 7:45 this morning it read 49.9..... Batteries? I will try to take it for a ride and then get individual readings.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #23
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatten View Post
When I worked at a service station many years ago while in school, we were always told to fill a battery to the very bottom of the lip of the filler openings. More would be overfilling. When it reached the lip, the appearance of an inverted lens would be created. Y'all are saying to not touch those filler neck bottoms?
You should just barely cover the plates. They should be a gap between the line and the fill holes for venting.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,910
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatten View Post
When I worked at a service station many years ago while in school, we were always told to fill a battery to the very bottom of the lip of the filler openings. More would be overfilling. When it reached the lip, the appearance of an inverted lens would be created. Y'all are saying to not touch those filler neck bottoms?
I know what you are saying about the inverted lens, but that would be overfilled.
I have heard 1/4" below the filler neck...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #25
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,910
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm S View Post
Around 9:30 last night the charger cycled off and my voltage was 52.4 7:45 this morning it read 49.9..... Batteries? I will try to take it for a ride and then get individual readings.
Sounds like batts to me.
They are not taking a full charge.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #26
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

Makes no sense to me!!!! Y'all check this out and give me some input please!

9:30 last night charger turned off. Pack voltage was 52.4
7:45 this morning pack voltage was 49.9
Went on a ride......
After 2 miles pack voltage was 49.4
After 5 miles pack voltage was 48.7
The cart rested for about 20 mins while at the park.
When returned the pack voltage was 49.9
After driving home with a total of 8.3 miles driven the pack voltage was 45.6
After a 35 min rest while feeding the baby breakfast the pack voltage went back up to 50.7

What the heck?!?!?! Individual readings showed 8.45 all the way across the board....
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #27
Dazed & Confused
 
crash test dummy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Z-HELLS FL
Posts: 14,068
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?



thats crazy readings ... any chance your multi meter is haywire ?
crash test dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #28
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post


thats crazy readings ... any chance your multi meter is haywire ?
nope. its a flawless fluke. lol
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #29
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm S View Post
Makes no sense to me!!!! Y'all check this out and give me some input please!

9:30 last night charger turned off. Pack voltage was 52.4
7:45 this morning pack voltage was 49.9
Went on a ride......
After 2 miles pack voltage was 49.4
After 5 miles pack voltage was 48.7
The cart rested for about 20 mins while at the park.
When returned the pack voltage was 49.9
After driving home with a total of 8.3 miles driven the pack voltage was 45.6
After a 35 min rest while feeding the baby breakfast the pack voltage went back up to 50.7

What the heck?!?!?! Individual readings showed 8.45 all the way across the board....
A simple question, how fresh in the battery in your volt meter? I have seen volt meters dodgy batteries do this. If you haven't you may want to start with a fresh battery in your volt meter to rule it out.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #30
Gone Wild
 
Storm S's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PBG, Florida
Posts: 247
Default Re: Any chance this is NOT bad batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
A simple question, how fresh in the battery in your volt meter? I have seen volt meters dodgy batteries do this. If you haven't you may want to start with a fresh battery in your volt meter to rule it out.
2 weeks at most.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
What's the chance of this happening? Electric EZGO
Chance to buy Melex Melex
Finally got a chance to get it dirty.. Lifted Golf Carts
Chance at a G1 Gas Yamaha
New member with a chance to buy question Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.