lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pike Road AL
Posts: 6
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

I am new to the forum. I was about to buy an Allsports 6 inch A-Arm to replace my 3 inch Jakes spindle on my '09 CC Precedent, and I saw this thread. Do you have to modify the rear brakes as described to install the lift? I am looking for the easiest way to do it with as little modification as possible to get the desired clearance and performance. Is Allsports easy enough to install? Thanks!
Chuckster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #72
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster87 View Post
I am new to the forum. I was about to buy an Allsports 6 inch A-Arm to replace my 3 inch Jakes spindle on my '09 CC Precedent, and I saw this thread. Do you have to modify the rear brakes as described to install the lift? I am looking for the easiest way to do it with as little modification as possible to get the desired clearance and performance. Is Allsports easy enough to install? Thanks!
This procedure refers to lifting the rear of the cart 6 inches. It really doesn't matter what brand of lift kit you use. 6 inches of lift is going to stretch the driver's side brake cable to the max and cause the issues described in this thread. All-Sports lift kits are easy enough to modify to allow it to be installed this way. I can't speak for Jake's because I've never installed one. If you're looking for the easy way out, buy a passenger side Precedent brake cable and replace the driver's side cable with it. It's longer and will correct any issues you may have. It's actually too long. You'll have to find somewhere to hide the slack of the cable under the car. The brake flip is the neatest and cleanest way to do this, but either way works fine.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #73
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pike Road AL
Posts: 6
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

Thank you for the info. I will give your idea a try as it puts the brake cable above the axle which I am always worried about since I use my buggy off road almost exclusively in Alabama.
Chuckster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #74
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 171
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

tahoe...I have an 06 DS with the allsports 6" on its way. In reading through this entire thread can you correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing I'd need to buy to do this, is likley a couple of fully threaded 5/16" (I think that was the size) x 1" bolts with 4 nuts to help center the leaf.

And of course a good pair of snap ring pliers?


Also what's the level of difficulty/time to do this would you estimate - doesn't sound that hard, but thought I'd ask.
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2016, 07:16 PM   #75
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith05 View Post
tahoe...I have an 06 DS with the allsports 6" on its way. In reading through this entire thread can you correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing I'd need to buy to do this, is likley a couple of fully threaded 5/16" (I think that was the size) x 1" bolts with 4 nuts to help center the leaf.

And of course a good pair of snap ring pliers?


Also what's the level of difficulty/time to do this would you estimate - doesn't sound that hard, but thought I'd ask.
If you've got the super sport lift kit with 4 U-Bolts you should be good to go. Get some 5/16 x 1" bolts with washers and locknuts to center the axle to the lower plate underneath the axle tube and some fully threaded bolts to go through the center of your spring pack. Length is depending on the thickness of your springs. You want to make sure you have enough stud sticking out of the bottom of the spring pack to fit securely through the brake cable plate and into the lift block. I use 5/16" bolts here too. I usually double nut the bottom of it and use a 1/2" drill bit to enlarge the hole in the plate so it all fits together tightly.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2016, 08:51 PM   #76
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 171
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
If you've got the super sport lift kit with 4 U-Bolts you should be good to go. Get some 5/16 x 1" bolts with washers and locknuts to center the axle to the lower plate underneath the axle tube and some fully threaded bolts to go through the center of your spring pack. Length is depending on the thickness of your springs. You want to make sure you have enough stud sticking out of the bottom of the spring pack to fit securely through the brake cable plate and into the lift block. I use 5/16" bolts here too. I usually double nut the bottom of it and use a 1/2" drill bit to enlarge the hole in the plate so it all fits together tightly.
Yes I did get the Super Sport 6" lift. Thanks for the advice.
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2016, 05:40 AM   #77
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach
Posts: 2
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

That's a great idea, Ill share this with Steve from Allsports.
jackhammered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2016, 11:36 PM   #78
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 90
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'll film it next time I do it and post a video on my website.
Any video instructions yet? It would be cool to follow along and see exactly what the procedure is!
dc_customdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2016, 08:17 AM   #79
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,359
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_customdesign View Post
Any video instructions yet? It would be cool to follow along and see exactly what the procedure is!
Not yet. One of these days I'd like to start posting some videos of some procedures, but I haven't done it yet.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #80
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 90
Default Re: All-Sports Rear Lift Kit Install "My Way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Not yet. One of these days I'd like to start posting some videos of some procedures, but I haven't done it yet.
Darn. Ok. I was thinking of trying to attempt this finally, and I think a video would of been a huge plus. Your instructions are good though. I'll see if I can do it!
dc_customdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
7" All Sports lift kit on G14 install problem Lifted Golf Carts
All Sports 7.5 inch lift install problem Club Car DS Lifted Golf Carts
Brakes grab after 5" All Sports Lift install Electric EZGO
All Sports SS Lift Install Starting Lifted Golf Carts
Need help with rear lift (All Sports 6" a arm) Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.