lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:53 AM   #31
Gone Wild
 
Dale-D's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Iberia, La.
Posts: 154
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

On the Controller thing, Rick has been able to make it give up info and He is able to force write to it also

He is still trying to make it count less to increase the speed
He has been UNABLE to add transistors to it as of yet
I can not tell y'all why, because I have been on a job for a couple of months and I haven't talked to Rick much about this stuff
Sorry I have NO good news yet

Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #32
Gone Wild
 
scooterman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,641
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Very Interesting thread, I have a 2008 + , I'm finding out several bad things like 4 12v batteries instead of 6 8v. I guess when these new Trojans 1275 wear out I'll do that upgrade. In the meantime I'd like to get more speed and torque because I plan on bringing my cart to Toledo Bend lake, where It has some steep hills and mostly gravel roads. Now sure how much upgrading I need but reading here sure helps.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #33
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

If you have an IQ model with the AMD motor, for $20 shipped, a 4 pole magnet is by far the cheapest way to go faster.
If you need more torque later, get a controller first.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #34
Gone Wild
 
Dale-D's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Iberia, La.
Posts: 154
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

I agree, if it is an IQ System, the magnet is the cheapesy way to increase the speed. but it does nothing for torque on those steep hils
I have a place on Toledo Bend myself off of Hwy 115, and my cart does just fine there

Dale
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #35
Gone Wild
 
scooterman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,641
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

I think it is the IQ or i2? version, so your saying upgrade the magnet would make a difference? I was also thinking of upgrading the wires also, seems cheap If it makes a difference from the 6G wires to 2g.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #36
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

IQ Precedent

Stock Motor with Code 4 and Pedal Up at 0 will get you 20+ MPH with larger tires. Need an upgraded code from CC along with a Programmer or pay CC dealer around $100 give or take.

Modified magnet will accomplish the same as Code 4 upgrade.

PQ Bandit motor will get you more top speed without needing Code 4 or wires, 23-26 MPH average top speed.

Alltrax controller by itself with stock motor will get you way more takeoff and top speeds equal to a Code 4.

Wires will help the Alltrax controller deliver everything it can to your motor but will not noticeably increase your top speed. Still recommend at least a 4g upgrade or 2g, (both passing through the OBC,) if planning a new controller or especially an Execution Motor because of the amps delivered. I have 4g wires with a PQ Bandit with same Top Speed results. Never did change controller.

Fastest Precedent will have an Alltrax controller or similar, 2g wires and an Execution Motor, (pull willies, burn outs and 30 MPH+.)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #37
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,409
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
I think it is the IQ or i2? version, so your saying upgrade the magnet would make a difference? I was also thinking of upgrading the wires also, seems cheap If it makes a difference from the 6G wires to 2g.
IQ is an electrical/drive system. i2 is a body style.

CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #38
Gone Wild
 
scooterman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,641
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
IQ Precedent

Stock Motor with Code 4 and Pedal Up at 0 will get you 20+ MPH with larger tires. Need an upgraded code from CC along with a Programmer or pay CC dealer around $100 give or take.

Modified magnet will accomplish the same as Code 4 upgrade.

PQ Bandit motor will get you more top speed without needing Code 4 or wires, 23-26 MPH average top speed.

Alltrax controller by itself with stock motor will get you way more takeoff and top speeds equal to a Code 4.

Wires will help the Alltrax controller deliver everything it can to your motor but will not noticeably increase your top speed. Still recommend at least a 4g upgrade or 2g, (both passing through the OBC,) if planning a new controller or especially an Execution Motor because of the amps delivered. I have 4g wires with a PQ Bandit with same Top Speed results. Never did change controller.

Fastest Precedent will have an Alltrax controller or similar, 2g wires and an Execution Motor, (pull willies, burn outs and 30 MPH+.)
Good information thanks for the time to write that up, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
IQ is an electrical/drive system. i2 is a body style.

LOL well there you go, I get this cart and then I do the research, really wasn't intending on buying a cart just yet but I have (what I thought was a good deal) so I purchased it, so now I'm figuring out what I have Bass backwards lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-01-25 16.17.35.jpg (291.4 KB, 0 views)
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #39
Gone Wild
 
eaglesdad1's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delaware
Posts: 456
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
IQ Precedent

Fastest Precedent will have an Alltrax controller or similar, 2g wires and an Execution Motor, (pull willies, burn outs and 30 MPH+.)
I concur ! I get a big grin on my face every time I floor mine
eaglesdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #40
Gone Wild
 
Dale-D's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Iberia, La.
Posts: 154
Thumbs up Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Hey Scooter Man, Nice cart
I see you live in Lafayette, La
I live in New Iberia, La.

Not too far apart

Dale

Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2006 precedent club car losing speed Electric Club Car
2005 Club Car Precedent only 13 mph top speed Gas Club Car
how do i speed up my 2007 club Car precedent Electric Club Car
Club Car Precedent 2006- Speed Electric Club Car
2006 Club Car Precedent speed Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.