lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #61
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,579
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Although weak/old batteries are probably the #1 reason for most speed issues, I still don't understand why Your cart would only do 13mph, when it obviously has the battery power to go 17mph.

Do you have any downhills you can drive and see what is the maximum speed your controller will allow your cart to go? This test would eliminate the battery off the equation if you still cannot get close to 20mph.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #62
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Somerville, TN
Posts: 9
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Although weak/old batteries are probably the #1 reason for most speed issues, I still don't understand why Your cart would only do 13mph, when it obviously has the battery power to go 17mph.

Do you have any downhills you can drive and see what is the maximum speed your controller will allow your cart to go? This test would eliminate the battery off the equation if you still cannot get close to 20mph.
I have one near me. I got 19mph down it. I found out the front wheels were not inline. I have adjusted it and will take the cart tomorrow to the hill and see what it will do now. I believe that could affect the speed.

Last edited by Sam Smiley; 10-23-2014 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Add some more info.
Sam Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #63
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Somerville, TN
Posts: 9
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Smiley View Post
I have one near me. I got 19mph down it. I found out the front wheels were not inline. I have adjusted it and will take the cart tomorrow to the hill and see what it will do now. I believe that could affect the speed.
I went to the hill today. The speed down it was 19. Could the 13mph prior to code 4 be because it was set to a lower speed than code 3 for the Country Club it came from.

Last edited by Sam Smiley; 10-24-2014 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: spelling
Sam Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #64
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,579
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Unless you were sure about the speed code 3 being there before, speed code 2 would have limited you to around 13mph.
3 years working commercially on a golf course is hard on batteries, you will probably enjoy the cart a lot more in the long run if you go ahead and replace the batteries now anyway.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #65
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,579
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Wait, just saw you said batteries were 2013, did you check the code dates on the batteries for yourself?
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #66
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Somerville, TN
Posts: 9
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

There are A13 stickers on all the batteries. I did not see any codes stamped in the batteries. Is there suppose to be? My Club Car dealer said they were pooled batteries taken from different carts. My cart shows with Club Car that two batteries were warranted in 2013. It does not have any 2011 coded batteries in it. My dealer tested the batteries and thinks they are "watered" batteries. One cell in one of the 6 batteries shows specific gravity of 1.275(good) All the others are 1.250 or 1.225 (fair). Voltage on each battery after full charge and sitting several hours is 8.4.

I have a 2010 boat battery and all the cells specific gravity 1.3, indicating in very good condition.

Last edited by Sam Smiley; 10-25-2014 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
Sam Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #67
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Some manufactures used the stickers instead of stamping it into the post. You have 2013 batteries
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #68
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Somerville, TN
Posts: 9
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

I returned to the hill for a second test on speed after I installed 20.5X5X10 tires. I got a reading of 20mph for a couple of times, but it returned to 19mph. My gps said my average was 19.6mph. It looked like the controller was clipping the speed at around 19mph.
Sam Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #69
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,579
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Well, It is my opinion that used batteries from a golf course have $0 value, but I would think You should at least get closer to 3 years out of them....
The controller will try to keep the cart at the maximum speed for the speed code set, which should be 19.2mph for code 4.

You max speed should be above that as the controller allows a little overshoot before the regen force increases.

With 20.5in tires, you max speed should have been above 21mph going down hill...

If the batteries are really going bad, eventually You will loose all power when you press the pedal all the way down under torque conditions, but the cart will run again once you release the pedal and press it again.
That will be your last warning that it is time for new batteries.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #70
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Somerville, TN
Posts: 9
Default Re: Get more speed for Club Car Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Well, It is my opinion that used batteries from a golf course have $0 value, but I would think You should at least get closer to 3 years out of them....
The controller will try to keep the cart at the maximum speed for the speed code set, which should be 19.2mph for code 4.

You max speed should be above that as the controller allows a little overshoot before the regen force increases.

With 20.5in tires, you max speed should have been above 21mph going down hill...

If the batteries are really going bad, eventually You will loose all power when you press the pedal all the way down under torque conditions, but the cart will run again once you release the pedal and press it again.
That will be your last warning that it is time for new batteries.
Thanks for the info. Have a great day.
Sam Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2006 precedent club car losing speed Electric Club Car
2005 Club Car Precedent only 13 mph top speed Gas Club Car
how do i speed up my 2007 club Car precedent Electric Club Car
Club Car Precedent 2006- Speed Electric Club Car
2006 Club Car Precedent speed Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.