lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #11
Not Yet Wild
 
runester's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 34
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
86 has one ms on the F&R
Same switch for For. and Rev.

Try this - remove the F&R cable fromt the bottom of the R&R to the middle of the battery pack and connect it to the other bottom F&R lug so it loops the 2 bottom F&R studs together....... this gives full power in both directions.
If it works well this way you can fashion a heavy copper buss bar between the 2 terminals.
I will try this but I would still like to know why this happened in the first place since one of the two ''86's I have was working fine previously. The other has always had this issue.
runester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #12
Moderator
 
rib33024's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Lauderdale FL.
Posts: 13,157
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

how old are these batteries, after the batteries have been fully charged and have been at rest off the charger what is the volts of the pack and each battery?, how did you load test these batteries, post the volts here
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
Not Yet Wild
 
runester's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 34
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
86 has one ms on the F&R
Same switch for For. and Rev.

Try this - remove the F&R cable fromt the bottom of the R&R to the middle of the battery pack and connect it to the other bottom F&R lug so it loops the 2 bottom F&R studs together....... this gives full power in both directions.
If it works well this way you can fashion a heavy copper buss bar between the 2 terminals.
Ok thanks scottyb. I switched the cables and now the reverse seems normal, not double power. So I assume the original problem is located on the reverse batteries circuit. Is it possible for a micro switch or solenoid cause the slow to nothing reverse? Again the batteries are good, load tested with a load tester from Advanced Auto. I am going to do the same fix for the other '86. Whatever works right? Thanks again.
runester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
Not Yet Wild
 
runester's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 34
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
how old are these batteries, after the batteries have been fully charged and have been at rest off the charger what is the volts of the pack and each battery?, how did you load test these batteries, post the volts here
Thanks for the reply Rib. Two batteries are brand new, the other 4 I have no clue because the date code was not marked however each battery shows a fuzzer over 7 volts. Pack voltage is a fuzzer over 41 volts. (analog meter). They were charged yesterday. Voltage checked today.
runester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #15
Gone Wild
 
simple man's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bunnell, Florida
Posts: 2,408
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runester View Post
Ok thanks scottyb. I switched the cables and now the reverse seems normal, not double power. So I assume the original problem is located on the reverse batteries circuit. Is it possible for a micro switch or solenoid cause the slow to nothing reverse? Again the batteries are good, load tested with a load tester from Advanced Auto. I am going to do the same fix for the other '86. Whatever works right? Thanks again.
An automotive load tester won't really give you a good reading for cart batteries. It will tell you if you have a completely toasted one, though. You would have to hold the test switch on for an hour to get a beneficial reading on a cart battery! Don't try this! Your tester will become a toaster oven! To test cart batteries, you need a very expensive tester. It will actually test the capacity of the battery. You can connect a DMM to each battery in turn and drive the cart for awhile. This will give you a pretty good idea of the battery condition.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 02:36 AM   #16
Moderator
 
rib33024's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Lauderdale FL.
Posts: 13,157
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.




Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
An automotive load tester won't really give you a good reading for cart batteries. It will tell you if you have a completely toasted one, though. You would have to hold the test switch on for an hour to get a beneficial reading on a cart battery! Don't try this! Your tester will become a toaster oven! To test cart batteries, you need a very expensive tester. It will actually test the capacity of the battery. You can connect a DMM to each battery in turn and drive the cart for awhile. This will give you a pretty good idea of the battery condition.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 02:44 AM   #17
Gone Wild
 
PAPABEAR1's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Aylett, Va. on the Mattaponi.
Posts: 1,530
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

I love to Learn...
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 06:22 AM   #18
Not Yet Wild
 
runester's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 34
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
An automotive load tester won't really give you a good reading for cart batteries. It will tell you if you have a completely toasted one, though. You would have to hold the test switch on for an hour to get a beneficial reading on a cart battery! Don't try this! Your tester will become a toaster oven! To test cart batteries, you need a very expensive tester. It will actually test the capacity of the battery. You can connect a DMM to each battery in turn and drive the cart for awhile. This will give you a pretty good idea of the battery condition.
DMM = Digital Multi Meter ?
runester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #19
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runester View Post
DMM = Digital Multi Meter ?
. . yes . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #20
Not Yet Wild
 
runester's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 34
Default Re: This has got to be an '86 common problem. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . yes . .
Ok. I'll admit it. I have no idea of what simple man is telling me to do.
runester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Is Spun Hub a Common Problem? Gas EZGO
Quick Fix??? I hope! Electric EZGO
HELP !! hope i get more from this than other post Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.