lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #21
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Tahoe, whats up with the oil seal "adaptor"?

Is this something I need, when I replace the oil seal? What is that number, and where can I get one?

I can't believe club car started using parts, but won't publish the part number??
. . . I don't see any "adapter" in the parts list for the 2012 Precedent . . . which part number is it in the below pic?

Attachment 98928
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #22
Not Yet Wild
 
jeffg1010's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 52
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

Does anyone know if this same bearing situation applies to an 06 Precedent. Mine is making a noise in the axle as well. Here is a video of it with both wheels and drums removed

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/jef...shbwo.mp4.html
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #23
Stay thirsty my friends!
 
gornoman's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 25,020
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Does anyone know if this same bearing situation applies to an 06 Precedent. Mine is making a noise in the axle as well. Here is a video of it with both wheels and drums removed

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/jef...shbwo.mp4.html
THAT, is a nasty sounding drivetrain. Did you buy it this way, did this just start happening, and how tall was the curb you jumped?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2016, 09:37 PM   #24
Gone Wild
 
Htownblue's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 334
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Does anyone know if this same bearing situation applies to an 06 Precedent. Mine is making a noise in the axle as well. Here is a video of it with both wheels and drums removed

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/jef...shbwo.mp4.html
On the Precedents I have rebuilt from frame up, the bearings appear to be the same on the older models (08 and older) as the newer (08.5 and up).

Just my experience.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2016, 12:17 AM   #25
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,961
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Does anyone know if this same bearing situation applies to an 06 Precedent. Mine is making a noise in the axle as well. Here is a video of it with both wheels and drums removed

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/jef...shbwo.mp4.html
I think the noise is the motor bearing and not the outer axle bearing. Hold one side with your hand and run the car. It'll hold still and allow the other side to spin. If the noise stops, you'll know it's an axle bearing. If it continues, you either have bad axle bearings on both sides or a motor bearing. Motor bearing failure is much more common than axle bearing failure.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #26
Not Yet Wild
 
jeffg1010's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 52
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I think the noise is the motor bearing and not the outer axle bearing. Hold one side with your hand and run the car. It'll hold still and allow the other side to spin. If the noise stops, you'll know it's an axle bearing. If it continues, you either have bad axle bearings on both sides or a motor bearing. Motor bearing failure is much more common than axle bearing failure.
Oh man, that sounds more complicated. But, thanks for the troubleshooting suggestions. I'll start searching threads for motor bearing fixes since I don't wanna hijack this thread. Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Is the motor bearing you are talking about. Is it the commutator bearing? Does the motor and rear end have to come out to change it?

To answer Gorno's question... I bought it this way. But, he knew it was a major issue because the price was super low... The cart looks like brand new (minus) the screamin' rearend! I'll get 'er fixed though!
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #27
Gone Wild
 
theboss20's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 644
Smile Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

The motor will come out without removing the rear end...there is only one bearing and its in the end of the motor furthest from the rear end. When you decide if you want to go ahead with the repairs I can offer some advice...I have done five of them so far.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #28
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Motown
Posts: 163
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

.....................
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #29
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,961
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Oh man, that sounds more complicated. But, thanks for the troubleshooting suggestions. I'll start searching threads for motor bearing fixes since I don't wanna hijack this thread. Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Is the motor bearing you are talking about. Is it the commutator bearing? Does the motor and rear end have to come out to change it?

To answer Gorno's question... I bought it this way. But, he knew it was a major issue because the price was super low... The cart looks like brand new (minus) the screamin' rearend! I'll get 'er fixed though!
It's beneath the motor cap on the end where the brushes are. It's much easier to replace than an axle bearing. I'd rather do 5 motor bearings than have to do one axle bearing. The axle is so long and you have to use a hydraulic press to remove it. It's very dangerous and if the press slips and the axle goes flying it can kill somebody. The motor bearing is a very simple fix. Take some pics of the motor so I can identify what kind it is and I'll help you with some advice on how to replace it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #30
Not Yet Wild
 
jeffg1010's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 52
Default Re: precedent axle bearing cannot be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
The motor will come out without removing the rear end...there is only one bearing and its in the end of the motor furthest from the rear end. When you decide if you want to go ahead with the repairs I can offer some advice...I have done five of them so far.
I jacked it up and saw there is a lot of room there to work. So, yep... I am going ahead with the repair, but to keep from hijacking this thread, here is a link back to my thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's beneath the motor cap on the end where the brushes are. It's much easier to replace than an axle bearing. I'd rather do 5 motor bearings than have to do one axle bearing. The axle is so long and you have to use a hydraulic press to remove it. It's very dangerous and if the press slips and the axle goes flying it can kill somebody. The motor bearing is a very simple fix. Take some pics of the motor so I can identify what kind it is and I'll help you with some advice on how to replace it.
Thanks Tahoe. Since we are drifting away from the OP's subject of axle bearings, I have placed the photos in another thread here on the forum. You can find them here. I really appreciate everyone's help.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
rear axle bearing Electric EZGO
axle bearing problems Electric Club Car
Replaced a trashed front axle with a 400ex ATV style Lifted Golf Carts
Rear Axle Bearing removal Electric EZGO
Axle Bearing Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.